NSPN CAM Paddling Trips Workshop" "Moving on the Water Part 2"

PeterB

NSPN CAM (Common Adventure Model) Paddling Trips Workshop

“Moving on the Water Part 2â€

Saturday, June 5th, Odiorne Boat Launch, Rye NH

A full day on-the–water workshop: 9AM to 4PM

The material we covered in the May 8th CAM workshop we will put into practice on the water!

All members are welcome: you do not need to have attended the previous 2 workshops.

This workshop , we'll practice:

Beach Briefings

Trip and tidal planning, piloting,navigation

Paddling as a CAM group

Launching and landing

Traveling on the water, including crossings, ferrying.

Rescues and tows

In this workshop we’ll revisit material covered on May 22 in Marblehead (for those who did not attend that day) ,with the option to expand on what we practiced (for those who did)

As this area has more tidal features than Marblehead , we will have the opportunity to paddle together in some tidal currents: crossings, piloting, tidal planning, ferrying etc.

Bring: boats and personal equipment. Be prepared to be outside on the water all day: Bring sunblock, water, lunch.

Wetsuits and drysuits required

RSVP by posting here or RSVP to Peter Brady, (either by PM here on the message bioard or at pbrady at neaq dot org)

If you have any questions post here or contact a member of thre CAM Committee: Ross Bartosik, Peter Brady, Scott Camlin, Rob Hazard, Sal Puglisi.

I plan on being there.

The material we covered in the May 8th CAM workshop we will put into practice on the water!

All members are welcome: you do not need to have attended the previous 2 workshops.

Beach Briefings

Paddling as a CAM group

Launching and landing

Rescues and tows

In this workshop we’ll revisit material covered on May 22 in Marblehead (for those who did not attend that day) ,with the option to expand on what we practiced (for those who did)

As this area has more tidal features than Marblehead , we will have the opportunity to paddle together in some tidal currents: crossings, piloting, tidal planning, ferrying etc.

Bring: boats and personal equipment. Be prepared to be outside on the water all day: Bring sunblock, water, lunch.

RSVP by posting here or RSVP to Peter Brady, (either by PM here on the message bioard or at pbrady at neaq dot org)

If you have any questions post here or contact a member of thre CAM Committee: Ross Bartosik, Peter Brady, Scott Camlin, Rob Hazard, Sal Puglisi.

I will be there as well.

Katherine

Beach Briefings

Paddling as a CAM group

Launching and landing

Rescues and tows

Count me in!

Hi Folks,

Had planned on attending Moving-on-the-Water#2, enjoyed #1 and thanks to everyone involved. Have an opportunity to paddle in Maine this weekend...so change of plans...will not be attending session 2.

Enjoy, Sue Hriciga

500 Ocean Boulevard, Rye, NH is after the bridge but just before the parking lot, for those GPS's that only take street addresses.

Phil

Phil,

The boat ramp is NOT in the main part of the park it's at the south end of the bridge.

Sal:

Do you know if they are collecting a fee there and/or asking that people go down to the park entrance and pay a fee? My limited experience is they are abitrary and capricious about the rules for using that parking lot/ramp. Sometimes free, sometimes fee, sometimes pretty please go pay a fee.

Ed Lawson

Sal:

Do you know if they are collecting a fee there and/or asking that people go down to the park entrance and pay a fee? My limited experience is they are abitrary and capricious about the rules for using that parking lot/ramp. Sometimes free, sometimes fee, sometimes pretty please go pay a fee.

Ed Lawson

Good question Ed. The last time I was there (last year) it was free but I don't know what the current policy is.

Good question Ed. The last time I was there (last year) it was free but I don't know what the current policy is.

The last time I was there, they had a box for donations, but no required payment. This would have been the weekend before the Blackburn, so early/mid last July.

Phil,

The boat ramp is NOT in the main part of the park it's at the south end of the bridge.

Sal-

Google maps puts that address after the bridge on 1a but before the entrance to the lot for the ramp (on the left coming from the south). It's not the address for the ramp in the park proper. It's within 100 feet of the Lat/Long given earlier. Try it and let me know if its wrong, as that's what I put in the car GPS.

Thanks.

Phil

Sal-

Google maps puts that address after the bridge on 1a but before the entrance to the lot for the ramp (on the left coming from the south). It's not the address for the ramp in the park proper. It's within 100 feet of the Lat/Long given earlier. Try it and let me know if its wrong, as that's what I put in the car GPS.

Thanks.

Phil

That looks about right Phil. I had put it into mapquest and there, it looked like it was closer to the Main park entrance. To add to the confusion it looks like the road does jog northeast there but you'd be traveling on 1A south. Anyway...the ramp is immediatly past the bridge.