Doug

NAVIGATION for the "ON-THE-GO" Kayaker WORKSHOP

by John Huth

REVISED DATE:

March 20th from 10:00 am-2:00 pm

VISITOR CENTER

6 Plum Island Turnpike, Newburyport, MA

Workshop format:

"Descriptions of navigation technique are often written in the comfort of a home, where the authors forget or lose sight of the practicalities of navigation on the water. Let’s face it, navigation is the most important when you’re in the fog, or in conditions and have to make sensible decisions without resorting to complicated procedures. I describe the basics of preparation for a trip, chart reading, compass work, and a number of on-the-go navigational strategies that make it easier to navigate in conditions.

As an added bonus, I will describe some of the aspects of paddle-hull interactions, as in the stern pry and draw."

John Huth

Similar to the last workshop, we will have a POT-LUCK LUNCH. Feel free to bring food to share with others.

This event is for PAID MEMBERS ONLY

See you all there,

Doug

I'm a maybe. I really want to go but I do also have a conflicting event I wanted to attend.

Doug, John, do these workshops have (always) to be on Saturdays? Could consideration not be given to a Sunday affair, perhaps? Sunday would suit <me> more; but I do not know about others...

Do not change anything for me. I would LOVE to attend and I will attend if I can take care of all the things amd people who depend on me. I have a family event and on top of that it is hockey playoffs and I happen to be the primary organizer for the 40 teams I administer.

I live a hectic life but I am always grateful I could get 'out there' away from it all and relax. ;-)

Rene

Either day works for me--but if we could move the date so Christopher can attend as well as others who tend to have Saturday commitments - I support that initiative.

Les

Looking forward to it...and I could do either day....slight preference for Sunday.

I'm a definite...either day is good for me as well.

Really looking forward to it.

... I'll bring some more cookies....yum...the tricky part is not to eat them before I get there... :th_bf-bootjesmiley002:

This is a really important topic and I will definitely be there. Either day works for me.

Blaine

Well, I don't know if my earlier comment had anything to do with this re-scheduled event or not; but I thank the powers-that-be for it! I shall be there (oops, just as soon as I renew my membership, that is: it's due!)

Thank you, John and Doug (and Les)

• 4 weeks later...

REMINDER:

Navigation for the "On-The-Go" Kayaker Workshop is this Sunday.

This is a Pot Luck event!

See you all there.

Doug

Oh, I just found out date was changed -- forgot to check on that. I can still come and plan to. Something sweet I will bring...

DON'T FORGET SUNDAY!

NAVIGATION for the "ON-THE-GO" Kayaker WORKSHOP

by John Huth

SUNDAY

March 20th from 10:00 am-2:00 pm

VISITOR CENTER

6 Plum Island Turnpike, Newburyport, MA

Workshop format:

"Descriptions of navigation technique are often written in the comfort of a home, where the authors forget or lose sight of the practicalities of navigation on the water. Let’s face it, navigation is the most important when you’re in the fog, or in conditions and have to make sensible decisions without resorting to complicated procedures. I describe the basics of preparation for a trip, chart reading, compass work, and a number of on-the-go navigational strategies that make it easier to navigate in conditions.

As an added bonus, I will describe some of the aspects of paddle-hull interactions, as in the stern pry and draw."

John Huth

Similar to the last workshop, we will have a POT-LUCK LUNCH. Feel free to bring food to share with others.