GERRISH ISLAND this weekend Saturday 6/26

Doug

Circumnavigation of Gerrish Island via Odiorne Park. Saturday 10:30AM est. launch time. The tides look good for Chawncy Creek.

Put in will be at Odiorne Boat Launch where the "In-water" CAM day was.

We will exit Little Harbor and cross the river to Kittery Point. Paddle up the coast to Brave Boat Harbor then down Chawncy Creek and home. Estimate 12 miles. Too early to post it as an L2 or 3 trip. Will update by Thursday or Friday.

Let me know if you plan to attend either here or by email. We will split up the group into manageable pods if the numbers get too high.

Circumnavigation of Gerrish Island via Odiorne Park. 10:30 est. launch time. Weather permitting! The tides good for Chawncy Creek this weekend.

We will exit Little Harbor and cross the river to Kittery Point. Paddle up the coast to Brave Boat Harbor then down Chawncy Creek and home. Estimate 12 miles. Too early to post it as an L2 or 3 trip. Would prefer to paddle Saturday but weather could be an issue this weekend. Will update by Thursday or Friday.

Let me know if you plan to attend either here or by email. We will split up the group into manageable pods if the numbers get too high.

I'm in Doug. Either day should work for me.

Marilyn and I are interested . Either day. We will be in the tandem.

I've been wanting to do that trip for some time now...

GERRISH confirmed for Saturday launch at 10:30AM, Odiorne State Park boat launch. At this point in time it looks like an L-2+ trip but we all know how things can change.

Circumnavigation of Gerrish Island via Odiorne Park. Saturday 10:30AM est. launch time. The tides look good for Chawncy Creek.

We will exit Little Harbor and cross the river to Kittery Point. Paddle up the coast to Brave Boat Harbor then down Chawncy Creek and home. Estimate 12 miles. Too early to post it as an L2 or 3 trip. Will update by Thursday or Friday.

I'm planning on making it. Scott

GERRISH confirmed for Saturday launch at 10:30AM, Odiorne State Park boat launch. At this point in time it looks like an L-2+ trip but we all know how things can change.

Leaning towards an L3 trip because of the afternoon winds while crossing back over the Piscataqua River.

SAT

S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS

UP TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

Leaning towards an L3 trip because of the afternoon winds while crossing back over the Piscataqua River.

SAT

S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS

UP TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

Doug-see the NOAA Graphical forecast for Portsmouth:

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/wfo/secto...ineDay.php#tabs

The coastal forecast is usually more benign than the one you quoted which includes seas up to 20 mi. out. The trip may still be L3 but the forecast of 20kt gusts will probably not be seen where we are.

Doug:

Gail and I would be along, but will be up near Cundy's Harbor on Sat. Looks to be a great day, and hope you'all enjoy the paddle. Look forward to seeing the excellent pictures of paddle we have come to expect from you..

Ed Lawson

Doug, My husband and I are interested in coming along tomorrow. We've been paddling for 10+ years, but have never gone out with NSP. shall we just plan to meet at the launch site? Claire

Claire,

Please navigate to:

"Events & Planning" (above)

then clic on "Paddle Levels"

If you feel comfortable in L-2+ to L3 conditions we would love to have you join us.

Sea Ya....

Doug

Claire,

Please navigate to:

"Events & Planning" (above)

then clic on "Paddle Levels"

If you feel comfortable in L-2+ to L3 conditions we would love to have you join us.

Sea Ya....

Doug

As of 8:15AM it looks like an L2 - L2+ trip. Mellow day.

As of 8:15AM it looks like an L2 - L2+ trip. Mellow day.

Hi Doug,

Unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make today's trip. I'm disappointed, bucause it appears to be a perfect day to be on the water. We're going to try to meet up with the group doing out tomorrow from Cape Ann.

Thanks.