WLPs (Wed. Lunch Paddles) in 2024

Sue H.

Hi Everyone,

First, let me say thank you to Bob and Joe for conceiving and implementing WLPs.  These paddles have been well attended by members and often there has been a wait list.!  It is important that this highly successful series continue in 2024 and beyond.

I am looking for a band of NSPN compatriots to organize and facilitate these paddles over the course of warm weather months in 2024.   Let me be the first one to sign up!  If you are free to help out, I trust you will join me in this effort!

Please respond with your interest or questions here.  I can not do this alone... nor should anyone else !  A pool of facilitators should allow us to have consistent (weather dependent) WLPs going forward.  So what do you say...will you come out and join the facilitator pool ? 

Cheers, SueH

I'd like to partner with someone else to host some WLPs as I become more familiar with NSPN's model and learn more navigation skills. I live in Rochester, NH and would be available to host from Rye,NH to Portland ME,with a particular interest in trips in Southern Maine. Please let me knowif you would be interested in partnering for a bit. Thanks!

Edited by Deborah Walsh

@Deborah Walsh I would be happy to co host a paddle with you and share some informal knowledge of how it works (without taking over the whole deal). 

you mentioned you’d like to have some more paddles this season and I think there can definitely be a few more. I am going to organize a small paddle locally on the north shore on Tuesday if you want to join - see trips forum later today. 

Edited by Joseph Berkovitz

3 hours ago, Deborah Walsh said:

Rye,NH to Portland ME,with a particular interest in trips in Southern Maine.

That's my go to range for weekday paddles as well as I am also in New Hampshire and hate to fight the traffic south. I as well would be happy to work with you.

Jim and Joe, I appreciate your offers. I'm sure I can learn from both of you. I host for other groups,but each one is different, and I haven't hosted ocean paddles. I humbly admit that my biggest challenge right now is effectively navigating this site. If you know how to message me directly, we can exchange contact info.

Joe, I'm seeing clients Tuesday. I'd love to join you if something changes. I am doing Squam with David  Weedbesday. I love to paddle there 

Thank you!

Edited by Deborah Walsh

On 10/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, mhabich said:

Thank you for the reminder of where to find this! I read it a while back when I joined. Have a great day!

• 1 month later...