Skinny Sticks to Cape Porpoise-6/19/10

EEL

Advance notice of proposed trip for those using or wanting to try Greenland Paddles. Modest coastal trip from Colony Beach in Kennebunkport, Maine to Cape Porpoise area. Nice lighthouse to visit, nice protected areas for practicing Greenland stuff, nice islands/ledges to wander about in and out of boats, potential for surfing, enjoyable coastline up and back. Sightings of ex-Presidents a bonus? Around 12NM at most, more likely 8-10NM. Further details at date approaches. Notice up for advance planning purposes.

Ed Lawson

I'll be there. :D

Advance notice of proposed trip for those using or wanting to try Greenland Paddles. Modest coastal trip from Colony Beach in Kennebunkport, Maine to Cape Porpoise area. Nice lighthouse to visit, nice protected areas for practicing Greenland stuff, nice islands/ledges to wander about in and out of boats, potential for surfing, enjoyable coastline up and back. Sightings of ex-Presidents a bonus? Around 12NM at most, more likely 8-10NM. Further details at date approaches. Notice up for advance planning purposes.

Ed Lawson

I dunno... the weather doesn't look so good for this paddle.

--David.

Ed Lawson

• 2 months later...

Ed Lawson

I'm interested; I use a greenland paddle almost exclusively; sounds like a nice trip too! I'm not sure if I'll be free that weekend, but I might be. Keep us posted as the time gets closer!

Ed,

You have proposed a trip over five months out. Wow, I get nervous thinking about five days out. I may be in our new home in Kittery Point by then in which case I would be interested in joining you.

I'm with you, Gene -- five months' planning ahead is too much for me, too. Hush, though: you know these Maine types -- the long winters get to them and, in any case, they're all as mad as hatters down east...

Oh, are you reading this, EL? No, no: I would never be rude behind your back -- you know that! B)

If my math is correct it is now April 4th and the trip is June 19th that would be just over 2 months but you gentelman down south may be better at math ?

The original post was made Jan 11. ;)

If my math is correct it is now April 4th and the trip is June 19th that would be just over 2 months but you gentelman down south may be better at math ?

Your math is correct Doug....but the date of the original posting is Jan/11/2010

I posted early because there are only so many weekends when the tide is right and I was plotting out summer's potential paddles back in January. Had to do something to keep from going bonkers while feeding woodstove and shoveling snow. If this turns out to be the summer solstice paddle date, then I will cancel it as a NSPN paddle.

Ed Lawson

Ed,

You have proposed a trip over five months out. Wow, I get nervous thinking about five days out. I may be in our new home in Kittery Point by then in which case I would be interested in joining you.

Gene:

You rascal, you're moving to Kittery? Does this mean you're giving up on Tuck's Point? Anyway, I hope your new home is right on the water so we can park at your house and launch from there.

Bill

Gene:

You rascal, you're moving to Kittery? Does this mean you're giving up on Tuck's Point? Anyway, I hope your new home is right on the water so we can park at your house and launch from there.

Bill

Nah, I'm about a mile from the water. On the water is a bit above my pay grade. The gang is welcome to come over and change use the facilities have a beer, etc. I'll still be within an hours drive to Tuck's, so not a problem.

Ed,

Got our skinny paddles from Turner today so I suspect we will be with you. Please send a reminder - it is still a long way off.....

Ed Lawson

If this turns out to be the summer solstice paddle date, then I will cancel it as a NSPN paddle.

Since June 19th will be the Solistice Paddle, the trip at Cape Porpoise will be cancelled.

I hope to reschedule it.

Ed Lawson

• 2 months later...

Ed Lawson