New Year's Day Paddle 2017 - Postponed to Monday!

rfolster

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BethS said:

Sadly preliminary testing indicates that pogies are incompatible w/ greenland sticks; has anyone else tried this? Looks like I'll be using my usual glove/mitten combo..

I could not get that combination to work either.

Due to a slight increase in winds and gusts generating a Small Craft Advisory, and temperatures (in Tewksbury at least) being 5 degrees colder than forecast (the difference being below freezing instead of above), we have decided to postpone this trip until tomorrow (Monday).  The plan is still to launch from Good Harbor Beach at 10:00am and paddle over to Stage Fort Park for lunch, but with a forecast of variable winds 5 kt or less, mostly sunny, seas around 1 ft, and high around 42 degrees.  What a difference a day can make!!!!

Please post if you are interested in joining this trip on Monday.  I would like to have responses set by 5pm so I can put together the float plan.

Another thought...or question...  given that conditions benign tmrw, is there anywhere else we'd rather paddle?  We chose this location in hopes of escaping the wind, but if that's no longer a consideration...do we want to go elsewhere?

I'd like to still launch from Good Harbor because you don't get to launch from there very often.  I'm fine with going north or south from there.

Ooops, forgot to add - I am now free to go - no work for me!

Hi, I just found out that I am free tomorrow after all... and i'm feeling fine now, (actually i've been fine all day, I think it was just something i ate) so I'd like to join you (sorry for the late notice!) See you tomorrow!

Beth