Any interest in a nav workshop?

One observation from the most recent CAM session is that there may be interest in a nav session, covering the basics to more advanced topics.  Would there be interest in this?  I was planning to aim for April 2nd before the Haverhill pool session (so somewhere in that area).   We would cover the material on land and then folks could apply it on the water through out the season.

I think that a Navigation Workshop should be added to our list of annual events to be held on a regular basis.  You might attempt to enlist the help of Dan Foster who has a professional connection to the topic.

Keep in mind that WFAA is that weekend with a fair number of potential participants going.  Not that there is never a conflict of some sort or another whenever we try to schedule anything!

Nav workshop is always a good idea and will surely generate interest.  I would also point out that April 1,2,3 is the New England Paddlesports Show - so between that and the WFA, it would be better to switch weekends.  

I've been running land-based map and compass sessions this spring and would be happy to share some of that with the club this season. If there was interest on April 2nd, I could do a 2-3 hour intro to working with chart and compass on that Saturday morning.

Sea kayak navigation involves much more than chart and compass work, so others could step forward to teach tides and currents, rules of the road, wind and weather, deciphering esoteric chart markings, etc at other times throughout the year.