Food for Holiday Party

nancysan

Hey everyone. What's a holiday party without tables of attractive dishes luring us to abandon from our normally abstaining behavior?

Our party will begin Saturday, Dec. 7th at 6:00pm.

We will begin with appetizers, followed by dinner, dessert, presentation of awards, games and concluding with the raffle.

We are asking everyone to contribute a favorite dish to share with friends: be it appetizer, entree, or dessert.

So that we don't end up with all desserts -- or worse, only salad! -- this is an attempt to coordinate the contributions.

PLEASE RESPOND to this thread with your preference (APPETIZER, ENTREE, or DESSERT) so we can see how it's going, and get a rough head count.

It is always fun to see what people look like in their street clothes. And the food has never disappointed yet. We are a foodie group of paddlers for sure.

Hoping to see you there this year!!!

I am bringing a 32 cup coffee maker, but it would be helpful if we had another coffee maker so we can have decaf and regular. Would anyone be willing to bring a coffee maker as well? It doesn't need to be that large, although it's helpful in serving larger groups so you don't have to keep making more pots of coffee.

Thanks,

who needs coffee when there's sushi on the table?

I'm making lobster & avocado maki and some plain cucumber (kappa maki) and avocado (avo) maki .

I think I'll roll them in the Gould Barn kitchen so they're fresh.

(i'm only kidding; coffee and avocado maki can happily co-exist)

Homemade chicken chili, with cornbread.

I'll turn down the usual heat a notch or two.

Blaine