Kayak NAVIGATION Workshop: Sunday, April 7

bbjorn

Looking forward to seeing you all there tomorrow. Bring the navigation stuff you normally use with you as well as the chart if you have it and your questions.

Best, Jon Kilroy

Edited by JonD

Peter, Jon, and Blaine,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to present this excellent workshop. I am just starting to understand navigation and am realizing that it is information that is good to hear many times and it is a skill that you can not practice enough. I am looking forward to taking what I learned today out on the water - I will definitely be much more aware of where I am!

Liz

Great workshop. Thank you John and Peter. I took the time to review what I learned today by practicing at home for a half hour. I feel much more confident now thanks to your efforts. By the way if you position the compass base against the latitude lines and rotate the bezel so that the lubber lines are parallel to longitude lines, you may demonstrate to yourself the declination. The magnetic needle points approximately 15 degrees West of true north.

The workshop really worked! Winter rust has been knocked off, and I'm ready once again to try and figure out where the heck I am and where the heck I'm going!

Thanks to everyone, but particularly Jon and Peter (and Katherine and Cathy for the treats!)...and Blaine for organizing.

pru