Chauncey Creek ~ Brave Boat Harbor 10/28

Katherine

This is a gender inclusive paddle.

:yippie:

We will launch at 9:00 AM from the Kittery Point launch (behind the general store), parking is available across the street or down the street at the school. I believe there is a launch fee ($5.00).

We will meander up to Brave Boat Harbor and back. Our route will depend on the skill and comfort level of the paddlers and the conditions.

This will be a relaxed paddle and a great time of year to enjoy the marsh. "Brunch" will be at Brave Boat.

Beach Briefing will be at 8:45 AM. Please have your boats ready to go before the briefing.

I realize this is an early launch ~ it is a tide-dependent paddle....

This will probably be my last paddle of the season :(

Great! If all of you want to circumnav and conditions allow we certainly will. We will do one way via creek.

CAM is about staying together so I would ask that if you want to join the paddle that you stay with the group.

Thanks for understanding.

If all of you want to circumnav and conditions allow we certainly will. We will do one way via creek. CAM is about staying together so I would ask that if you want to join the paddle that you stay with the group.

I should be available to go as well and will have no problem with the circumnav. Also, if anyone else wants to go but are concerned about the circumnav, are you willing to pod into two groups after "brunch" as long as there is sufficient participation in each pod? I am sure that we can find a volunteer or two to say back in a creek pod if needed. Just an option for those that might want to keep with the relaxed paddle to enjoy the marsh idea.

I've done the circumnavigation maybe a dozen times; I live up the road from the put-in! Never took the marsh and creek both ways until about three weeks ago: three of us went out in strong wind clockwise and arriving at Brave Boat it was jumping. Breakers across the entire entrance. So after lunch we three experienced paddlers did the safe and prudent thing and went back the way we came. Its all good!

Hi,

I am happy to see the enthusiasm surrounding this trip.

Please email me your float plan info prior to Saturday noon. The info should include:

Paddler Name:

Paddler Cell:

Boat (color, make & model):

Paddler Level:

Safety Equipment you will have:

Emergency contact name:

Emergency contact #:

email: celticwoman3 @ verizon dot net

or PM me through this board.

Thanks! See you Sunday, :dennis:

Hi,

Clarification about this trip ~ as posted it is NOT a circumnavigation around anything. It remains a L2 paddle.

IF conditions allow and the group agrees then a circumnavigation will be considered.

The purpose of this trip is to see the marsh in fall, check out the fowl.

My objective is to have some of our less-experienced paddlers be able to experience this paddle ~ which is one of my favorites. I do not want anyone to be intimidated about this trip by the circumnavigation chatter.

Please do not assume that if there are more than xx amount of paddlers that we will break into two pods and one will go around and one won't. Please do not RSVP or show up for this trip unless you would be happy with going up and back via the creek.

Thanks,

Katherine:

I apologize for raising the specter of going around on the coast. In my defense, I will say I indicated I was considering the option for doing a solo paddle. No intent to suggest the possibility of the route being changed on the fly or the group being split up. Further, I believe it far more important and better for the club and its members if everyone stays together and has a good time without anything happening which tends to segment if not discriminate and stigmatize participants based on some perceived status as L whatever paddler.

Ed Lawson

I will also apologize for raising the specter of splitting into pods. In my defense, I realized that the immediate responses to this trip were for a circumnavigation, and I tried to alleviate concerns early by offering an alternative so that we could gauge interest from all paddling levels. I thought that a compromize of a more challenging 2nd half paddle would encourage advanced paddlers to spend some time with less experienced paddlers and allow for for an opportunity for some mingling and perhaps even mentoring.

Hi,

Clarification about this trip ~ as posted it is NOT a circumnavigation around anything. It remains a L2 paddle.

IF conditions allow and the group agrees then a circumnavigation will be considered.

The purpose of this trip is to see the marsh in fall, check out the fowl.

My objective is to have some of our less-experienced paddlers be able to experience this paddle ~ which is one of my favorites. I do not want anyone to be intimidated about this trip by the circumnavigation chatter.

Please do not assume that if there are more than xx amount of paddlers that we will break into two pods and one will go around and one won't. Please do not RSVP or show up for this trip unless you would be happy with going up and back via the creek.

Thanks,

Katherine does not want her trip confused by some of us who may wish to circumnavigate Gerrish. She is perfectly correct in limiting the paddle as the organizer to the Creek and Marsh. I will post a different paddle for Saturday or Sunday for those who would be disappointed by missing the ocean side.

No apologies necessary gentlemen- I only wanted to be sure we were all on the same page

Well then, my dear lady, consider my apology henseforth withdrawn! :P

Looking forward to a quieter paddle for a change, so everyone talk nice to the weather gods :notWorthy: