6th annual Jewell Island trip

gyork

Tentative weekend is May 18-20, 2012. Hope to see some first-timers join us!

Gary:

Regretfully missed the 5th, but maybe the 6th will do. Do you have guess of the launch spot at this time?

Fair to show up for part of weekend?

Ed Lawson

Gary:

Regretfully missed the 5th, but maybe the 6th will do. Do you have guess of the launch spot at this time?

Fair to show up for part of weekend?

Ed Lawson

We have been launching from Cousins Island for the past few years. Stragglers may choose Falmouth Foreside (Town Landing),

a less convenient launch due to remote parking, or others.

Of course part-timers are welcome, and traditional. Consider departing early, rather than arriving late,

as the Fri nite pot-luck smorgasboard is typically to-die (?live) for!

We have been launching from Cousins Island for the past few years. Stragglers may choose Falmouth Foreside (Town Landing),

a less convenient launch due to remote parking, or others.

Of course part-timers are welcome, and traditional. Consider departing early, rather than arriving late,

as the Fri nite pot-luck smorgasboard is typically to-die (?live) for!

And as I recall, there was so much extra potluck food from the first night that the second night was potluck as well - even though not planned to be so!

pru

Tentative weekend is May 18-20, 2012. Hope to see some first-timers join us!

gary

Hey Gary! Dates work perfectly for me. Great to see so many responding so quickly to the post! Hoping that Gail is going to come as well Ed!!! Will be great to catch up.

maryb currently in South Carolina volunteering in the Francis Marion Natl forest and paddling Cape Romain!

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this post! (Haven't been visiting this website much over the winter.) Looks as if you're pretty full; my tough luck. Please add me to the waiting list ... and thanks for posting this great trip again this year, Gary!

Judy

Yeah! BTW - just joined MITA, but don't have the guide yet. What exactly do they mean by 'privy' on Jewell Island?

:-) :toilet_monster:

Hey Pinkpaddler,

A privy is a primitive toilet w/o flush. Usually someone has left toilet paper. Although the more prepared paddlers pack a roll of TP in a zip lock for these special occasions.

It is a good way to begin your camping experience. Next trip out you can learn how to manage your own wastes on the return trip.

Suz