6th annual Jewell Island trip

gyork

Hey Pinkpaddler,

A privy is a primitive toilet w/o flush. Usually someone has left toilet paper. Although the more prepared paddlers pack a roll of TP in a zip lock for these special occasions.

It is a good way to begin your camping experience. Next trip out you can learn how to manage your own wastes on the return trip.

Suz

Yes, I've been reading prior forum posts on everyone's favorite method of waste collection and storage and I felt like I've gone down a road I cannot turn back from, when I received a package padded with blank newsprint, and thought 'ooh, good poo paper, I should save this!' :-)

Yes, I've been reading prior forum posts on everyone's favorite method of waste collection and storage and I felt like I've gone down a road I cannot turn back from, when I received a package padded with blank newsprint, and thought 'ooh, good poo paper, I should save this!' :-)

That's my favorite paper to use for the 'wrapping'.

Hey Pinkpaddler,

A privy is a primitive toilet w/o flush. Usually someone has left toilet paper. Although the more prepared paddlers pack a roll of TP in a zip lock for these special occasions.

It is a good way to begin your camping experience. Next trip out you can learn how to manage your own wastes on the return trip.

Suz

A privy is the height of luxury on the trail :toilet_monster:

• 2 weeks later...

I usually bring my own water but I can recall my last visit to the island (sometimes late fall 2011) I recall seeing water gushing off one of the small cliffs on the opposite shore of cocktail cove. Is there a freshwater spring on the island?

I recall seeing water gushing off one of the small cliffs on the opposite shore of cocktail cove. Is there a freshwater spring on the island?

Had the same thought myself, but I'll wait for your taste test before pursuing it further :-)

Good thing there are several outhouses on the island. Will Do. :-)

Had the same thought myself, but I'll wait for your taste test before pursuing it further :-)