Freya getting close!

djlewis

I've been to her blog a couple of times interested to see the whole map with the progress but I failed to locate it.

Click here: http://qajaqunderground.com/australia-2008...ia-trip-report/

then click on the link "Google Earth Trip Map" immediately under the pictorial map of Australia

Or

This should take you there directly: http://www.vskc.org.au/ExpedDashboard.asp?ExpedID=3

Note that this map is not updated daily. In respect to Freya's progress there have been times that input to the map has lagged behind by up to 10 days. Today 12/7 it is fairly current.

Click here: http://qajaqunderground.com/australia-2008...ia-trip-report/

then click on the link "Google Earth Trip Map" immediately under the pictorial map of Australia

Or

This should take you there directly: http://www.vskc.org.au/ExpedDashboard.asp?ExpedID=3

Note that this map is not updated daily. In respect to Freya's progress there have been times that input to the map has lagged behind by up to 10 days. Today 12/7 it is fairly current.

I believe the positions on the blog are updated by the editor of Sea Kayaking (whose name I dont recall), and if I remember the comments, the 10 day lag was when he went paddling.

Phil

Friday's entry...

-------------------------

It looks like I’m having three days of padling left.

My arrival day at Caffyn’s Cove in Queenscliff, Melbourne will probably be Tuesday, 15th, before slack tide around noon.

Everybody is very much welcome to join me to paddle to Caffyn’s Cove the last few km from Point Lonsdale.

------------------------

Should I post it under Trips? Who's going?

Queenscliff, Victoria -- kayak rentals

Flights

Looks like around 8:00 tonight (= noon tomorrow in Melbourne) is the ETA!

Isn't this faked like the moon landing? I mean a no rocker, ruddered kayak with no pretty upswept ends. No way did she paddle through all that rough water. And she claimed to have done the first part in some stock, delicate layup boat sharks could bite through. No way. Probably made in China as well and not by lads who have a pint or two for lunch like a proper kayak should be.

It is worth reading her posts from beginning to end. You can see the changes is mental attitude and state. Good insight into what it must be like to go day after day after day after day and how that affects you. One tough person.

Ed Lawson

Isn't this faked like the moon landing? I mean a no rocker, ruddered kayak with no pretty upswept ends. No way did she paddle through all that rough water. And she claimed to have done the first part in some stock, delicate layup boat sharks could bite through. No way. Probably made in China as well and not by lads who have a pint or two for lunch like a proper kayak should be.

:haha::smiley_cheers:

Brunhilde, the lead Valkyrie was in Wagner's Ring Cycle surrounded by a circle of fire, by the god Wotan. (Wotan's spouse was envious of his former girlfriend, the union of which produced Siegmund and Sieglinde. The siblings subsequently produced Siegfried.) Only the bravest, strongest warrior could save her and claim her. Siegfried succeeded and after lifting her shield saw her breast and became aroused. What followed must stay in Valhalla. Suffice it to say they became a couple. Admire Freya and fantasize away but, do you really want to compare her to a mortal who's ultimate lover was her grandson?

Brunhilde, the lead Valkyrie was in Wagner's Ring Cycle surrounded by a circle of fire, by the god Wotan. (Wotan's spouse was envious of his former girlfriend, the union of which produced Siegmund and Sieglinde. The siblings subsequently produced Siegfried.) Only the bravest, strongest warrior could save her and claim her. Siegfried succeeded and after lifting her shield saw her breast and became aroused. What followed must stay in Valhalla. Suffice it to say they became a couple. Admire Freya and fantasize away but, do you really want to compare her to a mortal who's ultimate lover was her grandson?

Gene,

You're positively (mostly) amazing.

Hope you can find enough Chinese food over the next few days to stay sane.

Ern