Boat repair

glenster

Sent some e-malils to all of the above, and made phone contact with Brad. On the road to recovery.

Still open to suggestions.

Thanks.

g

Want a suggestion Glenn? Don't follow Peter into the rocks again!

post-100651-1257187814_thumb.jpg

Want a suggestion Glenn? Don't follow Peter into the rocks again!

[obnoxious wiseguy comment from someone not there]

I suggest it is never safe to follow anyone into the rocks. Almost assures you will be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

OTOH, it would be very valuable to watch folks like Peter going into and out from rocks, etc to gain insight in timing and technique so you can safely venture there.

[/obnoxious wiseguy comment from someone not there]

Ed Lawson

Gentlemen, all comments and suggestions are welcome and blended into the learning curve.. mine, longer than some. I have watched and studied with better paddlers over the last two years and learned alot, then comes the time to do it your self. It's the next step. Had excellent back-up with Peter, Doug, and John. Had a blast and can't wait to do it again, minus trashing das boat!!

Gentlemen, all comments and suggestions are welcome and blended into the learning curve.. mine, longer than some. I have watched and studied with better paddlers over the last two years and learned alot, then comes the time to do it your self. It's the next step. Had excellent back-up with Peter, Doug, and John. Had a blast and can't wait to do it again, minus trashing das boat!!

My sympathies on the boat damage Glenn but don't miss the opportunity to put your name in for this years "hard knocks" award.

My sympathies on the boat damage Glenn but don't miss the opportunity to put your name in for this years "hard knocks" award.

To explain the photo: Glen was surfed up & perched onto a bumpy, seaweed covered ledge: a textbook but unplanned seal landing, with a few hull crunches & groans . Waiting for another wave to set him afloat was not going to happen, and would only rumble him farther onto the ledge, so Glen dismounted and lugged his boat to the back (land- facing) side of the ledge, where the scene was quieter and calmer . At the moment of the photo, I was there to see if he needed help carrying the boat, but by the time I had landed Glen was sorting out on his own.

Boat was still seaworthy with about three crunchy areas on the hull. We paddled about a mile further, stopped for some lunch and temporary patches with tape, and were on our way again.