HOW TO....

rick stoehrer

if intend to attend, please post interest so that we can start coming up with at least a prelim plan on #'s...what we'll do, where we go will depend as much on weather as the # and variety of folks that show.... there will be a separate string for weather.

is there anyone with a question on where the put-in is? note - lets try to use the side of the creek with the parking lot - if we have a group and are going to be on shore for more than a few, it's a better place to gather than the muddy side...more parking too....no fee anymore, the shack was shut 2 weeks ago when i was there last.

I'm planning to be there. Would be open to a L2+ paddle if weather and group permit. I can't remember if I've been to this site before, but as long as the directions in the Put-Ins section are good, I'll follow them.

Kevin Fredette

I'm planning to be there. Would be open to a L2+ paddle if weather and group permit. I can't remember if I've been to this site before, but as long as the directions in the Put-Ins section are good, I'll follow them.

Kevin Fredette

I intend to be there. I'm not sure what L# to call it but I'm ok with conditions up to the ones we had at the group paddle there that prompted this session.

Kevin Fredette

kevin/eveyone...there is no "group permit" thing....if you show, there will be a group paddling to your level.

ideally if we have large #'s and a widely diverse range of paddlers, we might do a few different journeys/groups...no sense in trying to corral everyone into 1 group if there isn't a need...but if we don't get a large # and still get a wide range of skills then the group will paddle to the abilities of all members of the group....no one gets left on the beach. the trip will be scaled up or down depending on the day and the folks that show....

as ever, it's YOUR decision to paddle but keep that in mind.

the idea of the paddle is for us all to learn some group management skills, some teaching skills, some being a part of a group skills...we'll end up doing rescues, maybe even some tows...no matter where we end up going there will be stuff for all of us to work on, together.

The put-in is Odiorne, right? Just checking, since I've lost track of where in which thread the details ended up...

Kevin Fredette

sunday the 13th, 0830 at odiorne....we're going to kick off in the parking lot before we get on the water....

specific directions

Seavey Creek/Odiorne

A popular put-in in the Portsmouth area (Rye, NH) is Seavey Creek, just before Odiorne State Park. From the North or West, head S on Rte 1 at the traffic circle. Travel 2.0 miles(you will cross Sagamore Creek), and turn left onto Elwyn Road at the traffic light. Travel 1.4 miles to Foyes Corner, and proceed straight on Rte. 1A (Pioneer Rd) for 1.1 miles to Seavey Creek. There is free, sometimes congested parking on the near side of the Creek, and the launch is muddy. A $5 parking/launch fee is charged at the lot on the far side of the Creek, but there is a gradual cement launching surface.