News Flash.- NSPN member becomes Reg. Maine

Suz

Oh that's supah cool. Nice work, Jed!

My favorite piece of Maine woods wisdom was from my grandpa when he left me in his hilltop home one time: "Bethy, now if you see a man walk in the yard, call the police. Unless he has a gun. Then he's okay."

Interesting trivia item: The first Registered Maine Guide was a woman, "Fly Rod" Crosby.

--b

>Great! Congratulations Jed! Another shoulder patch!

>

>Are you going to make the Maine Guide a requirement of trip

>leaders too?

Jed, let me be the fifth to congratulate you and the first to apologize for the juvenile posting quoted above. Lest there be any misunderstanding I apologize to Jed as a member of the human race, not as the person who posted it, in hoping that adults can be adults.

I also would like to congratulate Jed, it is a fine accomplishment. I also believe that the message from exnspn was cowardly and without merit. If someone wants to pass judgement they should at least have the courage of their convictions. If someone can't stand up for their opinions, if they must criticize from anonymity then their opinions are without value...

Congratulations Jed! You don’t deserve the above cut, you do deserve the credit for your accomplishments. Sorry, some want to spoil it in any way.

Congratulations Jed!!

Exnspn obviously does NOT know the Jed that i and so many others here know!!

goodonyamate!!!

Ken Condon

Romany 16

Yellow over white

I'm going to make an effort to help you see the error in your ways.

An opinion is "I feel certification should not be a requirement for trip leaders". This is impersonal and to the point. Your opinion on the issue is worthy of posting. Because it falls under the (new) heading of NSPN business it should be posted there in an impersonal manner.

In this case someone posted notice of someone's achievement. It would appropriate to join in the congratulations or remain silent. There is no place for negativism anywhere on the message board.

P.S. - My dad can beat up your dad with one hand tied behind his back.

investigate option b. why is it people who quote a license plate so often just take up only half for their cause? show some conviction ...do the latter.

in the meantime jed, congrats. no small feat. comprises a # of skills - paddling, nav, ecology, swimming....the list goes on. congrats!

...not only for Jed, but because you attempt to use my state motto to justify rude, cheap-shot behavior. The fact that you have the freedom to act like a jerk doesn't mean that you should. It's also pretty slimy that you hide behind a pseudonym. If you're not willing to put your name on your words, keep them to yourself.

Jed:

Congratulations!!! But there's one problem pal...yah don't talk right for a Mainah. I'll see if I can scayah up my Bert an' I tapes for yah to practice ayuh. Got tah do thaaat or yah'll be called one o'them "from away".

Waaay to go we're proud of yah but yah beat Buddy to it. Bad dog no cookie.

Dottie