Whetman Hydrosil 250 Hatch Covers. What do you think?

https://www.whetmanequipment.com/sea-kayak-hatch-cover.html#/

Hi Friends!  I am going to need to replace at least one of my Valley hatch covers soon and if these are as nice as they look may replace more. 

This video is impressive from my limited experience and gotta love those colors!

What do you think?   If anyone buys any please report back.

Thanks!

Barb

No experience, but Steve Whitman does good stuff. 
Sea-Lect make excellent replacements for Valley hatch covers, and they’re readily available. Just black. 
Valley covers deteriorate so fast they should claim they’re compostable. 

Reach out to Greg Paquin at Kayakwavology in CT. He is a dealer for Whetman and very likely has them in stock. Greg is the Southern NE dealer for SKUK and many other items. Greg and Paula R. run many courses and events is some very playful waters of Long Island Sound and beyond. 

Thanks for your feedback friends!  All good ideas.  I am  definitely needing a new day hatch cover for my Avocet (agree Mike- their covers are compostable) and, not an emergency but wondering if there is one that will go on more easily and efficiently than the Kajak Sport I have for my Cetus's rear hatch.  I have used 303 on it and the rim of the hatch several times and have worked to get it seated properly and tho I think it is, often it isn't and I take on water.  I have checked for hatch leaks and it is the cover.  Seems like it should be easier.  Maybe not possible.   I see these new materials and wonder.  

Barb if you try them definitely give a report! I am currently sharing one functional set of valleys between 2 boats which is just asking for a mistake (and a flooded hatch) so I am eager to hear how you like them! 

Edited by JanetL

I am all in favor of supporting our local dealers - I would add kayak centre in Wakefield RI as source but also encourage you to read about hatches at the kayak academy website - https://www.kayakacademy.com/products/valley-hatch-cover-vcp-round-8-lid

There are multiple pages to check out - but they have a good discussion of the options