SQUAM LAKE FALL FOLIAGE PADDLE - WED 10/25/23

David M

Squam Lake paddle on Wednesday, October 25, 2023.

Post below if interested and fill out the Trip Registration Form by following the link: https://forms.gle/Dvh9R2HjeNYFxzej7

DETAILS

Time: 9:30 Arrival; 10am Launch; Off Water by 4pm

Launch Site: Squam Lake Association, 534 US Route 3, Holderness, NH 03245 Squam Lakes Association

Parking Fee: $5/car

Current Forecast (10/19): Partly Cloudy: Wind- WSW 5-7 mph; Air Temps- 60: Surface H2O Temps- ~58

Recommended Clothing: Neo or Drysuits

Kayak Requirements: Sea kayak (at least 14') with bulkheads, deck lines (for assisted rescues) and spray skirt

Safety Gear Requirements: PFD

Trip Distance: 10-12nm. Average 2.5-3 kts.

Edited by David M

I was on Squam a week ago and highly recommend it. Small but complex- pick up the essential chart from SLA. Have fun. 

Barb, the foliage was beautiful last weekend. I can't  recommend a particular place to stay, but there are many hotels, motels, and Air B&Bs in Meredith and surrounding towns. It's a great area to stay in. 

3 hours ago, Barbara Ryan said:

I'm interested!  Checking to see if there is a place to stay Tuesday night in the area.

Any suggestions?

Squam Lake Inn…I’ve stayed there twice…nice people, nice accommodations. 

Previous commitment prevents me from joining y'all, but here's a rudimentary "chap" if you feel inclined to print. Not even close to Floating Trails quality, but the best I could do, and at least something to practice on-water nav with?

1028205851_SquamLake.thumb.png.ab7f9af48e9e156df3dabe00a23708f5.png

Wow, didn't expect this much interest.  Very cool!

The trip is now full. 

Those who have posted above are guaranteed a spot. 

See the trip registration form link above in the trip description. 

I will maintain a waitlist on a first come first served basis below. 

Feel free to reach out via PM with any questions. 

Edited by David M

I spent one night before paddling in Plymouth, at the Red Carpet Inn & Suites. It is cheap (+/- $100), not much to look at on the outside, but well appointed inside. image.thumb.jpeg.fd2e679fd6515c6d163456a5cc282809.jpeg

Here was my 15- mile route. 

Not sure prior commitments can be moved, but definitely looking to be nice day for wandering about the islands on Squam.

Paddling there during foliage is a wondrous way to spend a day.

Ed Lawson

Edited by EEL

I wish I could drop everything and join you. You all are going to have a wonderful time. Watch out for the playful dolphins — they love to get close and nuzzle!

John