NSPN Midwinter Party, Saturday, January 20, 2018

prudenceb

Woo hoo!  Temperatures are falling, we need gloves to paddle, and holidays are approaching.  Which means it's not too early to think about POST-holiday events...and 2018!

We are pleased to announce that the NSPN annual Mid Winter Party (aka Cabin Fever Breakout Party, aka NOT Holiday Party) will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018.  An NSPN member with a large and lovely home in Beverly Farms has offered his house as the venue for this year's party, and we have happily accepted.  As this is a private home, and the party is for NSPN members only, we won't be posting the address on the website.  Instead, everyone must go to the website Calendar and RSVP there.  All who do will get a PM with address and directions.

This year, as always, will feature a potluck, a slide show, and a raffle of ARTWORK and kayaking gear, lessons and etc - with raffle proceeds going to benefit MITA, Maine Coast Heritage Trust and Salem Sound Watch.

More details to follow!  Consider this posting a "Save the Date" reminder!

Prudence and Janice, your party tzarinas!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder to everyone to go to the Calendar section of the website to RSVP for the club's annual party.

Yes, there will be life after the holidays - assuming we all survive them! - and we'll celebrate on January 20th!  But you have to RSVP to come becauśe for the first time, the party will be at a club member's home, and address and directions will only be sent to those who sign up.

Janice and I will be posting more in the new year - for potluck signup and so on - but in the meantime, know that we're working on plans for food, fun, and the usual awesome raffle items,

In the meantime, Happy Whatever Holiday You Might Celebrate, and a Happy New Year!

Prudence

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Are you planning to have folks sign-up for foods in various categories, i.e., appetizers, salads, veggies, fruits, main-dishes and sweets?  

Cheers, Sue

Bringing a slow-cooker main dish, probably with meat in the mix, and a brown rice accompaniment.   Is anyone bringing bread?  I can bring some if folks want such as a buffet selection...let me know. ?Sue