Solstice Paddle L3 Trip - Saturday June 20

cfolster

2015 NSPN Solstice Paddle
Saturday June 20th - Riverhead Beach Marblehead, MA

L3 Pod

Initiated by: Cathy Folster

Beach Briefing at 9:30am
Launch at 10:00am

Most likely we will head out to Bakers Island. More information to follow as we get closer to the date. There will also be L2 and L2+ pods from the same put-in (please see separate posts for those trips).

Please post below if you are interested in joining the L3 pod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been looking over the site for the guide to the various L1/L2/L3 ratings and can't find them. I think I want in on the L3 trip, but I want to be sure that I'm in the right group.

I'm learning my new boat (CD Rumour-- I've had it just a few weeks), but have paddled a Tempest 165 for about 10 years. Paddling log (mostly up to date) is here: https://goo.gl/maps/k0uSJ

I've been looking over the site for the guide to the various L1/L2/L3 ratings and can't find them.

From the Forum, click the "North Shore Paddlers Network" (home) page link. Then under the "Paddling with NSPN" drop down menu it is item Trip Levels.

Edited by billvoss

Hi,

Ali and I would like to join you too please. I'm thinking we might bring the double (the Bismarck) as we haven't paddled it yet this year. Where are we meeting?

Thanks

Nick

Thanks Bill! Yep, I'm in for the Level 3 pod. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

Hi,

Ali and I would like to join you too please. I'm thinking we might bring the double (the Bismarck) as we haven't paddled it yet this year. Where are we meeting?

Thanks

Nick

Ginger, Glad to have you join us!

Nick and Ali, Welcome as well. We are meeting at Riverhead Beach in Marblehead: https://www.google.com/#q=riverhead+beach+marblehead+ma

Good Morning L3 Solstice Paddlers!

Looking forward to tomorrow! We meet at Riverhead Beach in Marblehead.

Slight change from the originally posted info: Beach Briefing at 9:30am, LAUNCH at 9:45am (we don't need a 1/2 hour for a beach briefing!)

Please be there and ready to paddle by 9:30am.

Weather still looks good:

Zone: NE winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming SE 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Seas around 2 ft

Point between Children's and the Miseries: Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

Tides (Salem Harbor): L 8:39am H 2:57pm We could not have planned this any better - no slog upon our return!

I will collect emergency contact info at the beach. We will split into at least two pods, as we are 12 with just the folks who have signed up here (more may appear tomorrow).

Parking at Riverhead can be tight - there is also $5 parking across the street at Devereux Beach where the potluck is held.

There are also bathrooms across the street at Devereux that are usually open by the time we arrive.