Walden Pond Skills and Stupid Kayak Tricks Sessions

Lbeale

Hello BigBird,

Yes--please come and people will help you develop wet exit skills--new to kayaking folks always welcome to skills sessions--

Just remember to dress for submersion if you want to do wet exits--

Les

Great - look forward to meeting all of you.

-Bob D.

Just wanted to thank all of you for making a newbie feel welcome last night! Special thanks to Bill who spent much of his time teaching me my first wet exits and rescues! Thanks to Carpi who also gave me great instruction on rescues. Thanks to Les for organizing these sessions! Watching all of you roll was truly inspirational and I hope to try that myself before heading to Casco Bay this Summer.

-Bob D.

Hi Bob,

Pleasure to meet you last night. You were so "game" to develop you skills -- and so trusting and friendly -- that it was easy to work with you. If you intend to come to the skills session next week, just let me know and I will bring an extra spray skirt for you.

Les

Thanks Les! As of now it looks like I won't be able to make the next Wednesday, but plan to be there the week after. I'll see if I can pick up a spray skirt and nose plugs for the next session.

• 1 month later...

I expect to be Walden bound this afternoon. It will be my first post-injury paddle, and my first summer paddle without my drysuit!

I think it should be warm enough... :)

• 4 months later...

Diehards can still access the water by portaging boats down the stairs and ramp! But with pool sessions available I hardly think anyone will want to do it. Living in Maine I miss Walden-it was only 6 miles from our previous residence. The only substitute up here for me is Lil Harbor at Odiorne. But the water stays colder longer than Walden and it may be late June before one can practice sans dry suit.