Kudos!

Cathy did terrific at this past weekends ACA L1/L2 IDW/ICE with Instructor Trainer Educator Karen Knight.

Great group management in scenarios when things, intentionally, went downhill on a staged all-in with paddler types such as Bravado gone a-Panicky, Major Mechanical Malfunction and Frick 'n Fractious.

I especially liked your having Fractious hug your bow for support (ulteriorly, ballast) on your rodeo reentry.

Some photos of from each of the days are on hudsonriverpaddler.org.

Hopefully I'll see you at the Blackburn?

See you on the water,

Marshall

The River Connection, Inc.

Hyde Park, NY

www.the-river-connection.com

hudsonriverpaddler.org

Many times over the course of the weekend as I was learning and practicing, I thought about the many people who have taught me along the way. As I was doing a rescue I thought about the people I practiced it with and as I was doing an particular stroke, I thought about the person who helped me refine it. I am so grateful to those who have taken the time and effort to come play with me or provide instruction. We are a pay it forward club, and I am a perfect example of how successful that can be. I am certainly going to add the instructor Karen Knight, Marshall and Dorothy Seddon of The River Connection and the other assistant instructors, Joe Galloway and Rick Taylor to the list of people who have made me a better paddler!

I cannot say enough about Karen. If you get a chance to learn from her, take it because it will change the way you kayak. At least google her and watch some of the videos of her competing in freestyle canoe. She looks the same in a kayak.

I know they're a bit far away, but The River Connection is an incredible shop with all the best kayak gear and boats backed by two of the most knowledgeable, friendly and talented kayakers I've met. It would be great if more of the local kayak shops were like The River Connection.

Sorry to sound like an effusive acceptance speech, but honestly the coaching and thoughts for future improvement the coaches gave me this weekend are more valuable to me than the instructor certification!