circum gerrish

rick stoehrer

launch from odiorne and make our way over to chauncey creek along the inside, come out through brave boat and then circle on back to odiorne. if folks do not want to go round gerrish, we can just play along the outside for various skill sets - tows, rescues, etc. it doesn't matter to me and it's going to be the consensus on the beach that carries the day. there will be a beach briefing and we'll discuss goals, etc and follow a common adventure model.

i will not be "the leader" - we're going to practice CAM and i am along as a competent member of the group.

sunday, sept 26 - we will however LAUNCH at 1200. LAUNCH at 1200.

high tide p-mouth 1348 or so

forecast is for a chance of rain, winds are forecast to be upta 10 knots....all this may change.

post interest and if no takers, cancel-a-rooski.

just a small FYI. when inside Brave Boat Harbor looking out toward the ocean i often landed on the harbor side of the southern piece of land forming the harbor entrance, in a area of beach and marsh grass. it made a nice lunch stop and i've been using it for about 16 years. couple of weeks ago as i approached to land (and also to check out a vertical post with some red lettering) someone walking along that shore yelled out it was private property. as i got closer the sign indicated such. so i landed at the northern side of the harbor which i am pretty sure is within the Rachel Carson Preserve.

just a small FYI. when inside Brave Boat Harbor looking out toward the ocean i often landed on the harbor side of the southern piece of land forming the harbor entrance, in a area of beach and marsh grass. it made a nice lunch stop and i've been using it for about 16 years. couple of weeks ago as i approached to land (and also to check out a vertical post with some red lettering) someone walking along that shore yelled out it was private property. as i got closer the sign indicated such. so i landed at the northern side of the harbor which i am pretty sure is within the Rachel Carson Preserve.

not exactly breaking news...been private for as long as i remember...would have to ask paulie for the old yankee perspective...he grew up paddling around there and that was, what...gosh, i think there were mammoths and sh^t so long time anyways.

A wise paddler once told me that you could land anywhere if "navigating", which often involved partaking in herbal remedies. I've never been a big fan of those who thing they own anything enough to tell you could land on the beach that abutts their property, regardless of what deeds might say otherwise. Its so unfortunate that someone could not suffer your landing on an otherwise used beach and moreso without knowing why or for how long you planned to stay.

A wise paddler once told me that you could land anywhere if "navigating", which often involved partaking in herbal remedies. I've never been a big fan of those who thing they own anything enough to tell you could land on the beach that abutts their property, regardless of what deeds might say otherwise. Its so unfortunate that someone could not suffer your landing on an otherwise used beach and moreso without knowing why or for how long you planned to stay.

On the other hand...stay outta my damn yard too unless you've been invited or you have a good reason.

Respecting others property rights never got anyone into trouble.

i will not be "the leader" - we're going to practice CAM and i am along as a competent member of the group.

sunday, sept 26 - we will however LAUNCH at 1200. LAUNCH at 1200.

high tide p-mouth 1348 or so

I would also like to be a competent member of the group - what CAM level do you think this might be?

Larry

I'm hoping to be there. Trying to clear my schedule. I'll post a definite by later tonight.

Blaine