Winners of the 2013 NSPN Awards!

PeterB

The winners of the 2013 NSPN yearly awards were announced at the Holiday Party last night .

PADDLER OF THE YEAR AWARD: PRUDENCE BAXTER
(The Paddler of the Year Award is given to the person who made the greatest contributions to benefit the club's membership.)

TRAVERSO AWARD : CATHY FOLSTER
(The Traverso Award goes to the member who has shown the most improvement through taking a "never quit “ attitude in the last year. This award is supported by a memorial gift in honor of Jim Traverso, a member who lost his life on the Sun Kosi River in Nepal in 1999. Jim was a dedicated teacher, guide, adventurer, and lover of the outdoors. ")

FOUNDERS AWARD: CATHY FOLSTER
(“The Founders Award is given to the person deemed by the members of the club to have done the most to keep the NSPN spirit alive by giving of themselves to better the club, in ways that may not always be visible.")

"SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS" AWARD : BILL HARTER
(A lighthearted, less-than-half-serious award celebrating the club member who indured the most notable insults to boat, body or personal property in the course of kayaking)

Congratulations Prudence, Cathy, Cathy, and Bill!

Congratulations to Pru, Cathy and Bill! And a big thank you to Katherine, Janice, Cathy and everyone else who made this Year's party so much fun. The Gould Barn and path looked absolutely lovely. And Katherine, tough as a school teacher, during the trivia section was the perfect MC!

Last night was amazing! We witnessed superb planning and execution! My compliments!

Cathy, Pru and Bill, congratulations on your well deserved awards. It was an amazing season and each of you enriched the experiences for all of us!

Thank you,

Warren

Edited by Warren

What a great time Karen and I had at the Holiday Party.

Congratulations to Cathy and Prudence for the achievement awards.

On the Award for School of Hard Knocks Award, Thank-you

Also a note of Thanks for all the donations for the Raffle.

Karen + Bill Harter

See You On The Water ( PLAY HARD ) :rolleyes:

A really excellent party, and kudos for all the work put in by the Party Tzarinas, Katherine, Cathy and Janice. For those of you who didn't make it, you missed a terrific time.

Congratulations to Cathy for her two totally deserved awards. Bill, I wish I were a good enough paddler to watch you in the conditions that won you the Hard Knocks! And thanks for all the kind words about my award.

It was most excellent to be on my feet again, and seeing everyone Saturday provided inspiration (as if I needed any!) to keep up with PT so as to be ready for the spring paddling season!

pru