big enough to be comfy, small enough to be practical

rick stoehrer

For whatever its worth, research shows that those who have more than they need are no happier than those who have what they need! I just feel sorry for those who don't even have what they need! What about people like me who already have 2 boats and are hankering for a third? Am I on the cusp of catching a bit of the illness that David Geffen suffers from?

From free man in Paris to bound and shackled to this bill every year......Nice... but it needs three masts and sails.

Paul,

You can have your yawls, ketches and schooners. Heck, I like em with one mast like a Sunfish or Laser. You can buy some big and fancy sloops too. A few years ago I paddled over to the Mirabella V (the world’s largest sloop) to have a close look. A crewmember said I could charter her for only $240K/week. I decided to stick to my QCC, Seda and Epic kayaks.

The other day the sloop Salute sailed in for routine maintenance. She’s a little smaller, but even more elegant in my opinion. And she’s for sale too (about $75 million). Here’s a pic that I snapped of her sitting on a floating dock.

post-100270-0-28481500-1384619950_thumb.

Leon

PS

Those mega-stinkpots sure are ugly. I'm surprised that Larry Ellison, of America's Cup, Oracle Team USA fame would own a stinkpot as his personal mega-yacht. They burn over 500 gallons an hour while underway.

Edited by leong