Holiday Party: The Aftermath

Katherine

THANK YOU! to all who contributed the this evening's fun.

Ernie, the raffle was great and I hope we raised $$$ for MITA.

Blaine and Casey thank you for all of your help with take-down.

The food was delicious ~ thank you all.

Liz & Kathy, thank you for the contributions to the slideshow, great photos!

Glenn, thanks for running the slide show and assisting with decorations.

Doug, thanks for your Pandora and assistance with the microphone.

Blaine, thanks for the Bose.

The "HUGEST" thanks needs to be given to Cathy Folster, without her hard work and great taste the party environment would not have been as beautiful as it was.

If I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me.

Congratulations to this year's award winners: Scott Kimball, Robert Folster, Lorrie Allen and Chris Mabon.

If you missed the party ~ we missed you!

Thank YOU Katherine for all of your hard work to get this event pulled together. This was my and Cathy's first year attending, and we had a great time. It was really nice being able to see familiar friendly faces and new ones alike in such a relaxed atmosphere and to have the chance to just talk! There were several new members there last night that just can't wait to get into the pool sessions for some practice and are looking forward to the pond & lake sessions to kick in again. Most conversations of the evening seemed either to be about next year's paddling season and what experiences might be sought out, or some cross-eyed looks at those of us who are still paddling and (hopefully) camping.

I would like to extend a heart-felt thank you to the members of the Board, as well as a little bird out there that put a bug in their ears, who awarded me the Traverso Award for most improved through taking a "never quit" attitude. I am humbled by the thought of all the great paddlers that were awarded BCU accreditations of varying levels this year, many of whom helped me get to the point that I am. I could not have achieved nearly the amount of skills and confidence that I have without them, and the club as a whole, and a great thanks goes out to everyone involved.

I am looking forward to another great year and meeting more wonderful people, paddling on more wonder trips, taking more wonderful pictures, and capping it all off with yet another great holiday party next season. Here's to everyone...cheers!

• 3 weeks later...