Wanna See Something Cool?

brambor

Today I needed to get a googlemaps url to Eagle Island near Harpswell. We visited it yesterday. Nice place. When I located the island on google and when I clicked on the plus sign to get a close up of the island I saw a bunch of kayaks on the shores.

It did not take me too long to realize I was looking at a photo from our annual spring Jewell Island trip. Our day trip from Jewell was to Eagle - Whaleboat and back to Jewell. While at Eagle one of our paddlers cracked the hull on the rocks, hauled the kayak onto the grass for repairs. At that moment the satellite snapped the photo of Eagle Island and you are looking at it :-) You may not be able to get good enough close up but I can guarantee you that there are many of us looking back at you: Prudence, Doug, Rene, Warren, Peter, Leslie, Paul, Cath... I know I probably left someone out but my memory is not what it used to be :-)

That's it. You're looking at the right thing. The single kayak is Roger's (I knew I forgot someone) wooden kayak that he cracked while landing on the beach. I took my own photo here:

Posted Image

oh yeah and we also had Judy with us. My memory is slowly coming back.

Here is the photo from the satellite:

Posted Image

What do you mean Michael?

The bottom photo is part of the mapping layout.

I think you can submit your photos to google if you want a higher res photo up there.

Amazing! That's definitely us ... and we were only there for an hour. And wasn't there someone who didn't paddle with us on Saturday? Scanning on Google a little farther south to Jewell, it looks like a kayak pulled up on the grass near the Cocktail Cove takeout ...

Hi Gary

i paddled to Eagle last weekend with Yvonne for a day trip. Afterwards I was trying to get a link to the island from Googlemaps so that I could show my father where we paddled. When I closed up to Eagle on the computer I noticed the kayaks on shore and when I noticed Rogers kayak on the grass I realized I was looking at moment from our trip in May.

Rene, how and why did you come across this?

And wasn't there someone who didn't paddle with us on Saturday? Scanning on Google a little farther south to Jewell, it looks like a kayak pulled up on the grass near the Cocktail Cove takeout ...

Gary, Cathy, and myself remained on Jewell on Saturday to do some geocashing and exploring, possibly with a couple others for bird watching. I think the tree coverage is hiding a some boats, as well as the majority of the camp site.

Amazing! That's definitely us ... and we were only there for an hour. And wasn't there someone who didn't paddle with us on Saturday? Scanning on Google a little farther south to Jewell, it looks like a kayak pulled up on the grass near the Cocktail Cove takeout ...

This is really incredible! Reminds me of the dental office mag "Highlights". In this picture find a comb, broom........ Look very carefully at Jewell. I see 3 kayaks, a tent, and Ron/Rob's tender @ Cocktail, and Rene's tent at site #2.

Mary and Rob are kayaking along the NE portion of Cocktail Cove near the rocks!!!!!!