York River L2 Paddle. York, ME Sunday July 22nd

PeterB

York River Paddle.

The York River is a scenic tidal river with salt marshes, estuaries, historic houses.

Meet at York Harbor, York Maine for an 11:30 AM launch

Slack before flood is 9:56 AM, so we'll ride the flood tide up the river, have lunch along the way. turn around at the fork in the river @ 4 mile upstream , and return the way we came. Slack before ebb is 3:31 PM,

Total distance @ 8 miles.

Meet at the beach where Harris Island Rd meets Lilac Lane (Rte 103) by the bridge over the York River. Its unclear whether non-residents can park right there in the summer, so we may or may not have t park a little ways from the launch spot. Give a little more time to park cars for an 11:30 launch

Yes, Parking!

The usual place to park is right where Harris Island rd. meets Lilac Lane (rte 103) by the bridge over the York River. Theres a little harbormaster shack there. Theres some question whether non residents can park there in the summer , so there should be parking along Lilac Lane or Barrell Lane near the Millpond just across the river.

I'll show up early to look around for the best place to park. We may need to park cars a ways from the put in and walk , but maybe not. Lets try to meet a bit early (like 10:45.) so there’s time to sort out parking in time to launch at 11:30 .

Bring insect repellent and sunscreen!

Peter

Peter... Lisa and I shall join you on Sunday. I am in the process of learning to paddle again so will appreciate any and all tips.

Peter,

Unload boats and gear near the put-in on Harris Is. Rd. Then park along 103. there is a restricted area for permits but plenty of room behind that area. Its a short walk. On Sunday the parking by the harbormaster shack should be taken up quickly. If there is a spot make sure it faces the harbor not the other side. Finally there is free diagonal parking up Harris Is. Rd. near the marina, but that is a little bit of a trek.