Ladies Paddle 07/15

Katherine

Hi,

Our Ladies Paddle is approaching...

We will have a 9:30 high and 3:30 low.

Ideas?

Suggestions:

Launch from Cashman Park around noon, have a leisurely lunch and meander back after 3:30?

Launch from Cape Porpoise about 8:30 AM (yes... early...) wander around, explore, come back...

I am very open to all ideas,

I love Cape Porpoise. My only thought is that since it's a bit of a drive, is that it's nice to put in at CP as close to two hours before high tide and then paddle until two hours after high tide to get at least four hours out of it. I'd love to go there but perhaps July 15th is not the day for it. My vote is instead for your second suggestion - to put in at Chapman's Landing (or Newmarket?) and ride the tide downstream into and around the Great Bay and then paddle back upstream with the incoming tide.

Hi,

Our Ladies Paddle is approaching...

We will have a 9:30 high and 3:30 low.

Ideas?

Suggestions:

Launch from Cashman Park around noon, have a leisurely lunch and meander back after 3:30?

Launch from Cape Porpoise about 8:30 AM (yes... early...) wander around, explore, come back...

I am very open to all ideas,

Katherin,

Would you be able to be more specific about your put-in location - Cashman Park? Are you referring to Cashman Park in Newburyport on the Merrimack? Intention to paddle out the merrimack into the ocean?

Cathy

Hi all

I did mean Cabman Park in Nwbpt and had no intention of going.into the open ocean .

I like Susan's suggestion as well although I prefer another launch sitebon Great Bay, whose name escapes me.

Also suggested was a launch from Pavilion Beach (Ipswich) or Lanes Cove (Rockport). Cathy, any suggestions?

Oops! I saw "Cashman Park" and thought "Chapmans Landing". :) As far as the other launch site on the Great Bay, did you mean Adams Point? BTW, the other suggestions (Newburyport, Pavillion Beach and Lanes Cove) sound delightful as well!

Hi Katherine, would love to join the Ladies for a paddle. I usually work on Sunday, so have missed out on most weekend paddles. This would be a treat. Long time paddler with good open water skills, i would be up for what ever the consensus is. Thanks

Hello all,

Let's launch from Lanes Cove @ 11:00 (B-I-B), briefing @ 10:30.

We will exit Lanes Cove and go right :-) The paddle will be planned in detail depending on the experience and comfort level of the paddlers. I am thinking about a less than 10m paddle with optional rock play and of course LUNCH.

Please email me (celticwoman3@verizon.net) or PM me here with the info needed for the float plan prior to noon on Saturday. As a reminder ~ your name, make, model and color of boat, your #, emergency contact and their #.

See you Sunday!

Katherine

<someday I will find my memory>

No, you won't! ;^)

What <is> this "ladies paddle", anyhow? Isn't that a sexist concept? Is it even "constitutional"? What about <me>? (Oh, Katherine: you mean I have to post "mens paddles"? Hmmm...)

(Where is an ordinary, common-or-garden "smiley" when you want one? All I can find are myriad witches and other weird -- and sometimes childish -- icons...someone find me a regular, coach-class smiley?)

<someday I will find my memory>

No, you won't! ;^)

What <is> this "ladies paddle", anyhow? Isn't that a sexist concept? Is it even "constitutional"? What about <me>? (Oh, Katherine: you mean I have to post "mens paddles"? Hmmm...)

(Where is an ordinary, common-or-garden "smiley" when you want one? All I can find are myriad witches and other weird -- and sometimes childish -- icons...someone find me a regular, coach-class smiley?)

I've always thought there should be a corresponding Men's paddle on the same day - go ahead and post one. I'm sure my husband would love to get out of the chores he planned for this day!

There is a teeny little blue arrow to the right of the line of smileys that will show more smileys for you to choose from . . .

Cathy

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to join you on Saturday. However, I note that you are not launching til 11 am. When an nspn group launched from Lane's a week ago, it was pretty zooey there even though we got on the water a bit earlier - there were paddleboarders and recreational double kayaks with little kids and etc. Parking was already tight when I arrived at 9:45 am. Just something to be aware of if there's a big crowd of people showing up for the paddle. (I don't know if that's business as usual for Lane's in the summer, and no need to worry because everyone is always able to find a place to park.)

pru

I'm coming - thanks for the planning Katherine! There are directions to Lane's Cove in the drop down menu under Events & Planning - click on Put-ins and it's under Gloucester. See everybody Sunday! Florrie

Thanks Florrie, I was looking under Rockport...

Here is a link that will, hopefully, take you to a chart of a route that is a possibility. http://marine.geogarage.com/routes?map1=eyJtdCI6MiwicG9zIjp7ImxsIjoiNDIuNjg3ODMsLTcwLjYzMDUiLCJ6IjoxNX0sIm8iOnsibm9hIjp7InQiOjkxfX19

Looks like you will need to cut and paste :-) I am fine with adjusting as needed.

The paddle is on SUNDAY.

Yes, there is a different paddle happening on Saturday. It involves hundreds of boats and goes all the way around Cape Ann, right by Lane's Cove. I was sort of hoping all the ladies were going to be there Saturday to rescue all the people who capsize at Halibut Pt. :-)

Sorry to miss the "real" ladies' paddle, though! Have a great time!

-Lisa