Put in location in Portsmouth

Lbeale

Does any one know good put-in near or in Portsmouth? I know Pierce Island is not available for a launch during the summer months.

Seavey Creek/Odiorne launch is too far away. Any other locations within Portsmouth limits, preferably on the NH side of the River?

Looking to park 3-4 cars on a Friday (9:30-4:00), and play in moving waters of the Piscataqua River.

Thanks in advance,

Les

Does any one know good put-in near or in Portsmouth? I know Pierce Island is not available for a launch during the summer months.

Seavey Creek/Odiorne launch is too far away. Any other locations within Portsmouth limits, preferably on the NH side of the River?

Looking to park 3-4 cars on a Friday (9:30-4:00), and play in moving waters of the Piscataqua River.

Thanks in advance,

Les

Goat island is not far from Pierce. Its a good spot at this time of year. Les, thats where we put in two years ago in June for our epic full moon paddle around Gerrish Island. Goat Island puts you in near green can # 9 on the Piscataqua , by the Naval Prison, which is a good spot for moving water.

There is Witch Creek, Odiorne Point State Park (fee to park in summer months, ample parking). Rt 1A, Rye, NH. Also I should mention the small parking area on the other side of the bridge, if you are tempted beware of high tide... it fills a considerable portion of the lot (although this is my preference, the closer to the road the better).

I know Pierce Island is not available for a launch during the summer months.

Has something changed? I thought it was always available. Just that in the summer you were more likely to need to pay.

Ed Lawson

Has something changed? I thought it was always available. Just that in the summer you were more likely to need to pay.

Ed Lawson

Robert and I put in there several times last summer and did have to pay $5, but with no difficulties - plenty of parking even on weekend.

Kittery town dock launch ramp. I think they get $3 or something like that if the harbormaster is around.

Oops... sorry, you said NH side. This one probably better for the Gerrish circumnav

• 2 weeks later...

I've also not heard that Pierce is off limits in the summer. I don't see why it would be. I don't use it then because Odiorne is open then. I haven't checked recently but it may be open now.