Stars in Our Midst - Congratulations in Order!

prudenceb

Because they will likely be too modest to toot their own horns, I'll do it for them: I had the pleasure to be one of the volunteers for John Carmody's two day BCU 4* Leader Award assessment this past weekend. Congratulations are very much in order for the NSPN members who underwent the assessment: Peter Brady, Phil Allen, and John C (sorry, John, I don't know your last name!) all passed! Just another confirmation of the incredible level of talent in this club.

pru

Congratulations to Peter, Phil, David, and any other NSPN member in the 4* assessment group. It was a pleasure to be a "tea-bag" this weekend, and to meet other paddlers from Canada, NY, and CT. (David, thanks for the pointers on the forward stroke.) Great job everyone!

Bob

Congratulations to Peter, Phil, David, and any other NSPN member in the 4* assessment group. It was a pleasure to be a "tea-bag" this weekend, and to meet other paddlers from Canada, NY, and CT. (David, thanks for the pointers on the forward stroke.) Great job everyone!

Bob

Ooops - sorry David - I wrote your name as John - of which there were many on the assessment day. The aging brain is a terrible thing...

pru

• 2 weeks later...

And already their accomplishment is providing an impact on the kayaking community...

Phil goes South

I hesitate to say so but this group seems to have a better sense of humor than another group I'm familiar with but whose name shall remain nameless. (OK- its like Wild Turkeys are like Italy and the NSPN is like Switzerland.)

I hesitate to say so but this group seems to have a better sense of humor than another group I'm familiar with but whose name shall remain nameless. (OK- its like Wild Turkeys are like Italy and the NSPN is like Switzerland.)

Kate, you rabble rouser! And Gene, check out some of the other WT's trip reports. Not everyone has the same sense of play that Kate does! :rolleyes:

Phil

That is a Five Star trip report!

Congratulations Peter, Phil and David.

Everyone else, if you ever have the chance being a tea bag/guinea pig on an assessment is a great learning experience. Whether you are interested in developing your own leadership skills or just want to become a more effective group member, helping on an assessment can be a useful exercise. Its also quite a bit of fun.

That is a Five Star trip report!

Congratulations Peter, Phil and David.

Everyone else, if you ever have the chance being a tea bag/guinea pig on an assessment is a great learning experience. Whether you are interested in developing your own leadership skills or just want to become a more effective group member, helping on an assessment can be a useful exercise. Its also quite a bit of fun.

(Phil really wanted to paddle with me up north, but I told him that he had to frown and wear a hair shirt under his drysuit if he wanted paddle with me , so he headed south instead )

Thanks, Mark, and to those of you who offered congratulations.

"At serving writs I made such a name

that an articled Clark I soon became:

I wore clean collars and a brand new suit

for the pass examination at the institute.

That pass examination went so well for me

that now I am the ruler of the Queens Na-vee"