christening...

rick stoehrer

What are we talking about here? _____________, or boats? Mine (the latter, as I have none of the former) is "School Bus" for obvious reasons.

boats only. women are referred to in more reverential tones...mostly.

Edited by jason
Edited per user request

The woman founded the American Red Cross, I thought you might carry her name proudly. You had already mentioned "limping...battered". Sorry if I got your tighty whities in a knot.

Bob,,,my tongue in cheek response was to christopher...brit slang, redcoat....

Thank you Christopher for moving the conversation away from the "ridden hard put away wet" track... :headBang:

I like "Clara". I did name my boat; but I can't remember what I named her. And I did have a "proper" christening with Irish whiskey, sage and a blessing.

Good luck with your boat, Rick. What are you getting?

Thank you Christopher for moving the conversation away from the "ridden hard put away wet" track... :headBang:

I like "Clara". I did name my boat; but I can't remember what I named her. And I did have a "proper" christening with Irish whiskey, sage and a blessing.

Good luck with your boat, Rick. What are you getting?

explorer

Rick,

Since we now name hurricanes equally for men and women, you might consider a guy name for your new boat. When my Explorer arrives in the same container as yours (Quill/White/Black), it will be christened "Charlie" as in "Charlie the Tuna". The color combination seemed to influence my decision.

Warren

Bob,,,my tongue in cheek response was to christopher...brit slang, redcoat....

bob...you were talking about christophers perpetually knotted bvd's weren't you? my bad, misunderstood - yeah, christophers has assumed the mantle of arbiter of board usage - it suits his contrarian tendencies.

"Sea Bitch" or "Watery Tart"

thoughts, suggestions...too vulgar?

anyone else name them?

How about "Grey Ghost" after John Mosby who led Mosby's Raiders during the Civil War? While he fought for the Confederacy despite his feelings about slavery and secession, he later was a supporter of U S Grant during Grant's presidency.

As for naming boats: So far I've owned (or the boats owned me): Pinkster, an ExplorerLV; Blue Tooth, a RomanyLV; Orca, a Mega BullittS; Moby Grape, a purple-decked Pintail, and, now The Budgie aka The 'keet, a blue/grass green/white AvocetLV.

Deb M