CAM On-the-Water Dates May 15th and June 5 NOTE DATE CHANGE!

Rob Hazard

I just want to extend a thank you to all who arranged the CAM on-water workshop yesterday in Marblehead. The worshop was my first and was excellent. I know the skills I learned will help me be a safer team member on any future CAM trip. (Hey Rick, the $5.00 fee to join your group was worth every penny!)

Warren

I just want to extend a thank you to all who arranged the CAM on-water workshop yesterday in Marblehead. The worshop was my first and was excellent. I know the skills I learned will help me be a safer team member on any future CAM trip. (Hey Rick, the $5.00 fee to join your group was worth every penny!)

Warren

warren...the idea was that i had paid YOU $5 to SAY that paul, john and i did well herding / instructing the group.

glad you had fun...i think we did okay keeping it within everyone's comfort zones and still be worthwhile. i had fun.

so that was a pretty good cam i think....we sorted out who we had on the trip during the beach briefing and so who was issuing marching on the water orders (me), where and what we wanted to do and then targeted developing new skills and increasing the comfort level of the participants. we understood we could not exceed the skills of the least experienced person on the trip and we managed to keep the group together and everyone moderately happy.

i would like to talk about our "hypothermic paddler" scenario on a different string to see what we did, what others did - what we did well and what we mighta done differently.

Please note we have changed the date of the second on-the-water session to JUNE 5th.

Yippee! :yippie:

We had several requests from people who couldn't make it on Memorial Day weekend.

I was too shy to ask, but I'm sure glad you moved the date. The CAM workshop was great last year. I'm definitely looking forward to attending this year, and practicing rescues with my new boat.

-Bill