Saturday- 7/3 -Winthrop - Harbor Islands - Boston Light?

alcoons

From Winthrop, visit the Harbor Islands and Boston Light if appropriate conditions.

Date: Saturday, July 3

Launch Time: 9:30 AM

Return time: 2:30-3:30?

Put-in: Winthrop - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=...mp;t=h&z=16

Possible Routes: Play it as we go. Some ideas follow. Add some stops on interesting islands as we go.
Boston Light: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3839476
Hull Gut: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2252330

Level: 3. Wind and chop possible and serious boat traffic likely. 12-14 miles. Hull Gut can have significant current, but I have never found it a problem when hugging the Hull shore and going into Hingham Bay before crossing the channel.

Type: CAM with expectations that this mellow group stays together and works together. Other groups can certainly form at the put-in.

Tide: Low 10:37 AM

Confirmation: Need a minimum of 3 paddlers to confirm trip. Post and check here. Assume marginal weather will alter the trip or move it to Sunday or Monday.

Al
Cetus
Red/White

Hi Al,

I'm interested. BIB at 9:30 may be a bit early, unless you're committed to an early return.

Ern

Hi Al,

I'm interested. BIB at 9:30 may be a bit early, unless you're committed to an early return.

Ern

Hi Ern.

Trying to hit the tide right, but I can be flexible. Let's see what any other interested paddlers say.

Al

Hi Ern.

Trying to hit the tide right, but I can be flexible. Let's see what any other interested paddlers say.

Al

I am a tentative yes and going early is doable for me, but what works best for all is fine to.

Scott

From Winthrop, visit the Harbor Islands and Boston Light if appropriate conditions.

Date: Saturday, July 3

Launch Time: 9:30 AM

Return time: 2:30-3:30?

[

Al, looking forward to another one of your trips, count me in. Early is fine, but I'll do whatever the group decides

Larry

I would like to join you. My time is flexible, whatever you think will make the trip the best.

Bob K.

Bob. Glad you can join us. The trip description at the beginning of this tread is firm at this point. Of course, conditions may change as we get closer.

Al

Bob. Glad you can join us. The trip description at the beginning of this tread is firm at this point. Of course, conditions may change as we get closer.

Al

I have never been to this boat launch before and will be coming from Manchester N.H. area. I did look at the put-in directions, but not sure how far out the put-in is and if there are any surprises or suggestions I might want to know about.

I have never been to this boat launch before and will be coming from Manchester N.H. area. I did look at the put-in directions, but not sure how far out the put-in is and if there are any surprises or suggestions I might want to know about.

Glad you are coming.

Did you see the link to Google Maps that shows where the put-in is? It is in my trip posting at the top of this thread. Hope that helps. If not, I am not quite sure what your question is. Could you clarify?

Al

Glad you are coming.

Did you see the link to Google Maps that shows where the put-in is? It is in my trip posting at the top of this thread. Hope that helps. If not, I am not quite sure what your question is. Could you clarify?

Al

Woops, completely missed the Google link, got it now. Coming from the north I assume it makes most sense to come down 93 till Callahan tunnel exit, then take that north till I hit the road systems that will take me over to Shirley road ?

Woops, completely missed the Google link, got it now. Coming from the north I assume it makes most sense to come down 93 till Callahan tunnel exit, then take that north till I hit the road systems that will take me over to Shirley road ?

That's what I do. Unlikely traffic will be bad on Saturday morning. If it is, I go across route 16 from 93.

The trip description at the beginning of this tread is firm at this point. Of course, conditions may change as we get closer.

Al

Hey Al,

How's it looking? Assume all same.

Ern

The trip description at the beginning of this tread is firm at this point. Of course, conditions may change as we get closer.

Al

Hey Al,

How's it looking? Assume all same.

Ern

Looks great:

Sat

SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.

I'll be there. Hoping the rest of you will be also :)

Watch out for jellyfish!

Be prepared...

Thanks. I saw a few last weekend on a walk around Pleasure Bay in South Boston. And how do you prepare for jellyfish?

I'll join you. Just figured out a 3-way switch for work that makes everyone happy. Have never been to this put-in before and only drive into Boston to go to the airport. Will leave plenty early and hopefully not get lost.

Gay