Seabrook Harbor + Ocean Skill Session (Public Event)

Bill H

TUESDAY NIGHTS................ 6 PM

If you come late, just paddle around the corner from the put-in, paddle out under the Seabrook Harbor bridge and you should be able to find us in the bowl or just around the corner.

On Hampton Beach to the left or Seabrook Beach to the right.

This is a free form skill session to practice in the ocean. Much of the session will likely focus on surfing skills, but it is not limited to that. The Seabrook Harbor "bowl" offers a very safe place to learn basic kayak surf technique and boat handling skills in the surf zone. The "bowl" is shallow water and self rescue is very easy.

Some weeks, the group may opt to head out of the harbor into the open ocean for surfing on Seabrook or Hampton Beach. We will also practice open water self and assisted rescues, towing and other basic kayak skills from time to time, depending on the desires of the group. Seabrook

The Harbor is a safe place to work on skills.

Put-in is at Seabrook Harbor, Seabrook Beach, NH on the Seabrook side of the Hampton Bridge on Rte 1A in the large parking lot with a restroom, open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The parking area is FREE parking with easy access to a sandy beach launch.

See You There ........................... Bill Harter + Doug Mogill

This was a beautiful night for the "First of 2010" Ocean Skill Session. Five of us, Bill, Betty, Sal, myself and a new member "new" Bill headed out from Seabrook Harbor around the jetty to Hampton Beach. We were treated to waist high surf with an occasional rogue wave to add to the excitement. Ask Betty about the excitement! The "new" Bill learned to brace on a wave which added lot's of confidence to this 1 year paddler. We headed back into the sunset which is a normal ending to these late day paddles.

post-100651-1274842329_thumb.jpg

This was a beautiful night for the "First of 2010" Ocean Skill Session. Five of us, Bill, Betty, Sal, myself and a new member "new" Bill headed out from Seabrook Harbor around the jetty to Hampton Beach. We were treated to waist high surf with an occasional rogue wave to add to the excitement. Ask Betty about the excitement! The "new" Bill learned to brace on a wave which added lot's of confidence to this 1 year paddler. We headed back into the sunset which is a normal ending to these late day paddles.

Was a very good start to the summer routine. Nice to get out with old friends and make a new friend. Welcome to NSPN Bill and welcome to fun in the surf.

And Doug...great photo!

Was a very good start to the summer routine. Nice to get out with old friends and make a new friend. Welcome to NSPN Bill and welcome to fun in the surf.

And Doug...great photo!

I had a great time... thanks to you all for the great tips!

• 4 weeks later...
Planning on coming out tonight-are we on? Can someone give me an address to put into my gps for the put-in? Thanks.

Try 209 ocean Blvd Seabrook NH That's Castaways restaurant... it's about a hundred yards south of the put in. If you're heading North...look to your left as you pass "Castaways" you'll see the parking lot and our vehicles.

Doug

See the web cam of the beach here.....

http://www.hamptonbeachcam.com/

Planning on coming out tonight-are we on? Can someone give me an address to put into my gps for the put-in? Thanks.

Besides Doug's address, here is a street view of where they typically park.