Manchester by the Sea on Sun 12/13

rossjb1

Sunday 12/13/09 the usual paddle. Meander along coastline and do some rock gardenin' maybe some surf if there is any (sometimes some small breakers on the beach). Meet at 10:00. Put in on beach at Ocean St. as it off season parking. Level 3 paddle, bring a helmet.

Please RSVP if interested, thanks Ross

I would love to join. Time and place is ideal for me.

Rene

Sunday 12/13/09 the usual paddle. Meander along coastline and do some rock gardenin' maybe some surf if there is any (sometimes some small breakers on the beach). Meet at 10:00. Put in on beach at Ocean St. as it off season parking. Level 3 paddle, bring a helmet.

Ross,

Right now looks good for me, definitely interested. Thanks.

Bob

Sorry for the late post but I have been keeping an eye on the weather, heres the latest....

SUN

SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...BECOMING S

15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO

3 FT...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE

AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Just off the phone with Sal. We are concerned about the winds in Manchester. We have decided to move this trip north to Seabrook Harbor (parking lot on left before the bridge). Better chances of finding some protected areas. We will be meeting @ 10:00. bring a helmet if you join us as we'll be venturing out to see if there is any surf or playing in the current as it flows under the bridge. Its heading toward a new moon and high tide is at 8:30 so we have a good amount of current at around 11:30. We'll probably be playing under the bridge so any late comers just look for us there.

Ross

Ross,

Do you mean right here?

Rene

Sorry for the late post but I have been keeping an eye on the weather, heres the latest....

SUN

SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...BECOMING S

15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO

3 FT...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG IN THE

AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.

Just off the phone with Sal. We are concerned about the winds in Manchester. We have decided to move this trip north to Seabrook Harbor (parking lot on left before the bridge). Better chances of finding some protected areas. We will be meeting @ 10:00. bring a helmet if you join us as we'll be venturing out to see if there is any surf or playing in the current as it flows under the bridge.

Ross

Hey.... howdja do that (again)? Yes thats it! Its kind of like your stalking me! you gotta teach me how to do that map thingy! ;)

Ross

Ross take another look. Renee's map shows the Hampton side of the bridge....and yes...we need to have him show us how to do that "right here" thing with the map link.

Ross take another look. Renee's map shows the Hampton side of the bridge....and yes...we need to have him show us how to do that "right here" thing with the map link.

Rene,

Here is the parking lot use for Seabrook Harbor.

Guys,

Its done like this:

[url=http://maps.google.com/...]some text[/url]

The actual google url is obtained by clicking on the 'link' label on the upper right of the google maps page when it has the image that you want.

If you hit the reply button for a message, you can look at the mark-up that we are using. I put 'quote' tags in all the time so that I can intersperse my comments with the context that they are referring to.

Cheers!

Ty

... edit ... got it Tyson. I was messing with the reply and did not see your post above. Tx ...

Maybe it is this location. I'll see cars with boats on the roof and I'll find you guys. At this time of the year there won't be any other fools with kayaks so I'll know it's you.

Now, how do I do the link thingy ? It's actually very simple. First I go to googlemaps and find the location I would like to link to. Googlemaps allows to zoom in or out of the map. When I have the location just:

4180589810_04dec0e90e_o.jpg

4179828405_aee1f38874_o.jpg

4179828581_a8eaf51384_o.jpg

Rene,

Here is the parking lot use for Seabrook Harbor.

Guys,

Its done like this:

[url=http://maps.google.com/...]some text[/url]

The actual google url is obtained by clicking on the 'link' label on the upper right of the google maps page when it has the image that you want.

If you hit the reply button for a message, you can look at the mark-up that we are using. I put 'quote' tags in all the time so that I can intersperse my comments with the context that they are referring to.

Cheers!

Ty

That's the spot.....Thanks Ty

Hey thanks, you guys are awsome! (Sal thanks for catching that) Yes indeed we will be the only fools out there! Looking forward to paddling with ya'all. Tyson, hopefully this means you'll be joining us.

... edit ... got it Tyson. I was messing with the reply and did not see your post above. Tx ...

Maybe it is this location. I'll see cars with boats on the roof and I'll find you guys. At this time of the year there won't be as other fools with kayaks so I'll know it's you.

Now, how do I do the link thingy ? It's actually very simple. First I go to googlemaps and find the location I would like to link to. Googlemaps allows to zoom in or out of the map. When I have the location just:

4180589810_04dec0e90e_o.jpg

4179828405_aee1f38874_o.jpg

4179828581_a8eaf51384_o.jpg

Renee,

Now you're just showing off :D:notWorthy: See you in the morning

Tyson, hopefully this means you'll be joining us.

Sadly, no. Well, maybe not so sadly. Emilie and I are heading skiing for the first time this season. However, I am in need of testing Brad Gwynn's handy work and so will be looking for a chance to get wet again.

Cheers!

Ty

Sadly, no. Well, maybe not so sadly. Emilie and I are heading skiing for the first time this season. However, I am in need of testing Brad Gwynn's handy work and so will be looking for a chance to get wet again.

Cheers!

Ty

Tyson

Well I guess thats an acceptable excuse! Enjoy the skiing, maybe next time!

Ross

Sadly, no. Well, maybe not so sadly. Emilie and I are heading skiing for the first time this season.

Not so sadly at all.

Made the transition from skinny stick to skinny skis today also. Although for early conditions used waxless which is more shuffling than skiing. Nice to out in the white regardless. Around 10 this morning and up to 25 by noon.

Maye some rolling in the lake Monday.

Ed Lawson

I hope you won't think too lowely of us for riding fatties today. We'll be out on the skinnies real soon. I promise! :)

Great Pics looks like you guys had the whole slope to yourselves. Glad that you didn't end up on the side of the road facing backwards like all of those all wheel drive SUV's and trucks.