Clothespins on earlobes for seasickness

djlewis

Anybody tried this?

Freya's site

The seasickness-prevention hint from Hillary on the website was the look of the day - two clothpegs pinched from Judy’s clothline, decorating my earlobes nicely! They *did* work! I neither got seasick in the rough no vision-paddle in the fog nor in the extreme rebound of the cliffs, where the up-and down distance is more than the forward distance…!

Just - taking them *off* again hurt like hell for a minute, as the blood started to circulate again…but it was worth the pain not being sick! Two cloth pegs will be my standard equipment now, and I threw the chemical seasickness tablets overboard, not having touched them at all. Thanks for the hint, Hillary!

Anybody tried this?

Freya's site

The seasickness-prevention hint from Hillary on the website was the look of the day - two clothpegs pinched from Judy’s clothline, decorating my earlobes nicely! They *did* work! I neither got seasick in the rough no vision-paddle in the fog nor in the extreme rebound of the cliffs, where the up-and down distance is more than the forward distance…!

Just - taking them *off* again hurt like hell for a minute, as the blood started to circulate again…but it was worth the pain not being sick! Two cloth pegs will be my standard equipment now, and I threw the chemical seasickness tablets overboard, not having touched them at all. Thanks for the hint, Hillary!

curiously, a knee to the groin also an effective means of alleviating sea sickness.

curiously, a knee to the groin also an effective means of alleviating sea sickness.

for me the best cure is to throw up...and get to shore to rest.

Don't you guys believe in backyard accu-pressure?!?

I've found that going for a swim is a good cure for sea sickness. I've only been seasick once in a kayak and it was an awful experience.

So here it is. My friend has a sure fire cure for sea sickness...'sit under an oak tree'.

Apparently its effectiveness is fleeting.

"Day 286, Friday, 30.10.2009

Text message from Freya via satellite phone:

5:00 a.m. and 46.5 km left. Very slow night with heavy seasickness, throwing up 5 times, floats out, plenty of powernaps and freezing like hell."

Ed Lawson

Maybe she lost the clothespins. Hopefully her ears are intact...

rb

Apparently its effectiveness is fleeting.

"Day 286, Friday, 30.10.2009

Text message from Freya via satellite phone:

5:00 a.m. and 46.5 km left. Very slow night with heavy seasickness, throwing up 5 times, floats out, plenty of powernaps and freezing like hell."

Ed Lawson