Lendal paddle question??

flipe8

Two days ago, I ended up breaking my carbon Coryvrecken and am considering a new paddle while I wait for my Werner to be repaired. My thought is to try something other than another Werner, but I'd prefer the lightness of the touring blades paired up to the length of the WW bent shaft. Was wondering if anyone knows if the two lines will match up? If not, I'll either go with a WW blade, or simply get another Werner(the foam core Ikelos looks nice!)

Anyone the know the answer?

Thanks.

Two days ago, I ended up breaking my carbon Coryvrecken and am considering a new paddle while I wait for my Werner to be repaired. My thought is to try something other than another Werner, but I'd prefer the lightness of the touring blades paired up to the length of the WW bent shaft. Was wondering if anyone knows if the two lines will match up? If not, I'll either go with a WW blade, or simply get another Werner(the foam core Ikelos looks nice!)

Anyone the know the answer?

Thanks.

the ikelos is a flippin' dream! light and it just pops outta the water with that foam core. nice big blade, plenty of bite.

i still keep the lendals on deck for the spares (cause frankly i just can't imagine bustin' one) but the foam core on a 210 (205? i don't remember) and you can just amp up the revs like made when you feel the need to make with the hurry up and go.

I use Lendals, and have used the mystic blades on a 194cm white water bent shaft when I'm goofing in surf or current. I've also put the kinetic touring blades on the 194 cm shaft. All combinations work well, and all fit together nicely. Personally, I think the 194cm is a tad short for me for all around long day sea boating though (I'm 5'7" standing and about 2'8" sitting in a boat :P ), and so now I've cut my 210cm straight shafts down to 205cm and and like that length a lot.

I know folks think the lendals are a bit heavy, but the great advantage of them with the padlock system is the ability to mix and match as your mood, budget, and need for a blunt instrument to use on your paddling partners dictate!

See if you can borrow some different set ups from folks and see what works for you.

Galen

P.S. I have snapped a Lendal........It was the icing on a day where I ripped the neck gasket on my dry suit and had both my short and long tows fail (stay away from "exotic knots")...not my finest hour.