nice day today

jeffcasey

anybody interested in last minute afternoon paddle out of Lane's Cove?

~10 nm, lazy pace, not looking for trouble.

reply here or to jeff-at-jeffcasey-dot-net

G'morning.

8:45AM. What's up? I can probably get somewhere by 10:30-ish.

Ern

10:30 would be pushing it for me. How does 11:30 sound? Jeff, it's your post - what do you say?

Larry

11:30's good. We could paddle a bit and then pick up Jeff at 1PM?

Is Lane's Cove the put-in with the long slog at low tide? If so, what's our better timing?

Ern

the earliest I can be at Lane's is about 1pm. that still allows for some good exercise...to Crane's and back? Rockport for ice cream? I'd prefer direction waits till launch, see who's there and what's up.

Crane's sounds good - I just did Rockport Wednesday. Any chance you can better 1PM?

Larry

11:30's good. We could paddle a bit and then pick up Jeff at 1PM?

Is Lane's Cove the put-in with the long slog at low tide? If so, what's our better timing?

Ern

Lanes Cove has the huge rock wall, but could be long slog if you park on the left. Stay on Andrews street until it ends in a parking lot (NE side). High tide is 1PM. I can be there at 11:30 if you're serious.

Larry

Lanes Cove has the huge rock wall, but could be long slog if you park on the left. Stay on Andrews street until it ends in a parking lot (NE side). High tide is 1PM. I can be there at 11:30 if you're serious.

Larry

Found Andrews St. I can be there at 11:30.

Anyone else?

I'll bring a phone if we want to plan to meet Jeff midpaddle?

Anyone else?

I assume that at forecasted 10-20k winds and 12-15nm duration this is a 2+/3 level trip.

Ern

I'll be happy to come out and join you guys if you're itchin' to get out earlier.

Expect me to launch 1-1:15. VHF 72 or 74?

Jeff, I'll meet Ern at 11:30. If we cannot contact you before noon on our whereabouts, we'll swing by Lanes Cove at 1PM. Ern, is this OK with you?

Larry

I'll be happy to come out and join you guys if you're itchin' to get out earlier.

Expect me to launch 1-1:15. VHF 72 or 74?

Despite showing "full charge" and cradled operation, my SH radio's dead when mobile. Guess the battery's no good. Sigh.

So I'll bring my cell phone...781 526-3860.

I'm still on for 11:30AM.

Ern

Jeff, I'll meet Ern at 11:30. If we cannot contact you before noon on our whereabouts, we'll swing by Lanes Cove at 1PM. Ern, is this OK with you?

Larry

YES! I'll leave about 10:30, expect to meet up at 11:30 at end of Andrews St.

Ern

781 526-3860

Going to Lanes Cove on Labor Day. Boy are you guys brave. I'd suggest arriving bare chested with a six pack under your arm blabbing about guns and those f----- yuppie kayakers. You'll fit right in! ( Larry knows what I'm talking about. )

Going to Lanes Cove on Labor Day. Boy are you guys brave. I'd suggest arriving bare chested with a six pack under your arm blabbing about guns and those f----- yuppie kayakers. You'll fit right in! ( Larry knows what I'm talking about. )

How unusual. We and our friends have been launching at Lane's Cove for more than a few years and have never encountered any behavior like that. The Lanesville section of Gloucester is one of the mellowest, laid back neighborhoods in the city, seemingly populated at times by ex-flower children, now grown up, from the 1960's.

Deb M :surfcool::roll:

Gene is referring to one inappropriate drunk on our last Lanes Cove trip. Just before we met him, some of us spoke to a homeowner who was standing in the water. He said he loved kayakers -- "we are always considerate and take the parking away from the divers, who, [in his words] take all their lobsters."

The drunk was the only problem I have had at Lanes.

Al

interesting. we didn't meet your friend....perhaps next time.

Lane's Cove was relatively quiet - just the usual kids jumping off the end.

The webcam looked really busy saturday night, though....do any of the locals know what was going on? (just curious).

...nice paddle, by the way. thanks Ernie & Larry!

Gene is referring to one inappropriate drunk on our last Lanes Cove trip. Just before we met him, some of us spoke to a homeowner who was standing in the water. He said he loved kayakers -- "we are always considerate and take the parking away from the divers, who, [in his words] take all their lobsters."

The drunk was the only problem I have had at Lanes.

Al

Interesting, so they leave the kayaker's cars alone. I've heard a number of reports of vandalism to diver's cars there.

Ralph