Shorter Wednesday Paddle - 8/20 - Level 3?

alcoons

Wed 8/20

Anyone interested in a shorter paddle than the 20+ miler that is posted for Thursday but which appears to be going Wed? Suppose to be a beautiful day. 10-12+ miles, level 3, work together have a good time?

Al

Cetus

Red/White

Wed 8/20

Anyone interested in a shorter paddle than the 20+ miler that is posted for Thursday but which appears to be going Wed? Suppose to be a beautiful day. 10-12+ miles, level 3, work together have a good time?

Al

Cetus

Red/White

I’m defiantly in for Wednesday or Thru and I might be able to do both paddles if they were on seperate days of course. However I need to be off the water by 4:0 PM on Wed, 3:30 would be even better. I’ve been looking forward to a long paddle all summer, so I’m hoping this works out for me.

Sid

I’m defiantly in for Wednesday or Thru and I might be able to do both paddles if they were on seperate days of course. However I need to be off the water by 4:0 PM on Wed, 3:30 would be even better. I’ve been looking forward to a long paddle all summer, so I’m hoping this works out for me.

Sid

Sid. Have you posted in the correct thread? Both paddles are now on Wednesday. This thread is for the shorter paddle.

Al

Hi Al,

I'd be up for a trip.

Hi Suwin.

Let's plan on it. If it is just the two of us we can do a more conservative paddle? Any place you have in mind?

I have not been out of Lane's cover this year. Maybe 10:30 Launch - head toward/up/across the river to the beachs or we could head the other way. Off the water at 2:30-3 PM? Mellow paddle.

Let's see what other replies we get during the day. I will post something more formal this evening.

Al

Hi Al,

Any chance of moving the launch to 11:30AM? I can't get out of Wayland before 9:30AM tomorrow.

OK by me. Depends on Suwin and any others?? High Tide is 2:15 PM or so, so if we head west and then maybe up towards the tip of Cranes - keep it relatively short..back at 3:30 or so. Winds are suppose to be from the NW (10-15) going to W (5-10) early afternoon. We might have the tide with us at the start and then I have no clue after the river mouth to Cranes...Wind and tide might help us on the way back..... So let's just go mellow and easy and enjoy ourselves.

Suwin will this work for you?. Launch as soon as Gene gets there if this is not too late. We will be ready by 11:15?

Final details tonight.

Al

OK by me. Depends on Suwin and any others?? High Tide is 2:15 PM or so, so if we head west and then maybe up towards the tip of Cranes - keep it relatively short..back at 3:30 or so. Winds are suppose to be from the NW (10-15) going to W (5-10) early afternoon. We might have the tide with us at the start and then I have no clue after the river mouth to Cranes...Wind and tide might help us on the way back..... So let's just go mellow and easy and enjoy ourselves.

Suwin will this work for you?. Launch as soon as Gene gets there if this is not too late. We will be ready by 11:15?

Final details tonight.

Al

Great, thanks Al. tides are no problem in Ipswich Bay, unless you decide to head down the Annasquam or the Castle River behind Cranes. Simpler choice is to head out against the wind and ride back with the wind. (unless it shifts).

Day: Wed 8/20

Time: Launch 11:30 AM, Take out 3:30?

Put-in: Lanes Cover (See Put-ins/Directions), however, drive all the way around the cove to the right -- usually some bad potholes on the dirt road. At the very end (ocean side of cover), you will see a boat launch to the left and parking back up to the right.

Possible Routes: See previous posts

Level: 3. Pace and expectations moderate. 8-12 miles roundtrip. Often involves waves and wind and tide.

Type: CAM with expectations that we all stay together and work together.

Tide: A bit after 2 PM

Al

Cetus

Red/White

Day: Wed 8/20

Time: Launch 11:30 AM, Take out 3:30?

Put-in: Lanes Cover (See Put-ins/Directions), however, drive all the way around the cove to the right -- usually some bad potholes on the dirt road. At the very end (ocean side of cover), you will see a boat launch to the left and parking back up to the right.

Al, I'd like to join in tomorrow. I think I found the put-in on Google that you're talking about. Is it a little non-descript place at the end of Andrews Street?

Larry

Al,

Since I don't have the 6:30am out the door start time in me for the Plum Island circumnav, I plan on joining you. May paddle for an hour or so before the group goes out the gate at 11:15 (depending on traffic, etc).

Phil

Al, I'd like to join in tomorrow. I think I found the put-in on Google that you're talking about. Is it a little non-descript place at the end of Andrews Street?

Larry

Glad you are going to join us. Yes, as best as I can tell it is Andrew or perhaps a dirt road that comes off it to the left. Hard to miss it. Just keep the Cove on the left until you hit the sea wall. See the starting point at

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2187848

Al

Current forecast:

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR WINDS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EDT

WEDNESDAY

TONIGHT

NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT. GUSTS

UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

WED

NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT...DIMINISHING

TO 5 TO 15 KT IN THE LATE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON...THEN

BECOMING SW 5 TO 10 KT EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

See you tomorrow, bring your kites!