Why to post a personal picture!

alcoons

In this day of concern about information security, I would like to encourage those of you who post messages or paddle with the club to post a personal picture (My Controls/Personal Profile/Change Personal Photo) from which we might have some sense of what you look like.

Why? I'll like to tell the story about a national group of statistics teachers that I am involved with. A couple of thousand of us depend on a very lively and positive message board much like the NSPN site. Many of us meet a few times a year at conventions and other activities. At our first national meeting I put together a panel of the hot dogs in the field and opened the floor to questions. Ironically, one of the most valued questions was "Who is Mathman and who is Statsguy and who is ...." It took a minute to realize that those in the audience where wondering about the faces attached to the email addresses of those gurus and frequent participates of the discussion group. They had been reading their posts and perhaps even sitting next to them but had no way to connect the posts with the actual people.

Al

In this day of concern about information security, I would like to encourage those of you who post messages or paddle with the club to post a personal picture (My Controls/Personal Profile/Change Personal Photo) from which we might have some sense of what you look like.

Why? I'll like to tell the story about a national group of statistics teachers that I am involved with. A couple of thousand of us depend on a very lively and positive message board much like the NSPN site. Many of us meet a few times a year at conventions and other activities. At our first national meeting I put together a panel of the hot dogs in the field and opened the floor to questions. Ironically, one of the most valued questions was "Who is Mathman and who is Statsguy and who is ...." It took a minute to realize that those in the audience where wondering about the faces attached to the email addresses of those gurus and frequent participates of the discussion group. They had been reading their posts and perhaps even sitting next to them but had no way to connect the posts with the actual people.

Al

duh...i look like a red dragon.

besides, from your pic i can only tell you've a humanoid outline.

You may look like a Red Dragon, but you are no Ddraig Goch Y.

Aren't you related to the Saxon invaders?

Ed Lawson

arguably there is but one welsh dragon for our purposes and here's a photo....http://www.maineislandkayak.com/symposium.html

relatively the rest of us are about as fearsome as the geiko gekko.

duh...i look like a red dragon.

besides, from your pic i can only tell you've a humanoid outline.

Ya got a point there...if you click on my picture you can probably can tell gender and a beard. However, many have privately emailed saying something like:

For god's sake, we do not want to see any more of you. Less is better.

• 2 weeks later...