Paging PattyP & Liz N.

hopefloats

Hi Patty & Liz,

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you. If you're still game, we'd love to take you up on your offer! With this year's switch to CAM, formal registration isn't necessary, but especially for this event, we are emphasizing the need for a slightly more fleshed out initial float plan to be posted & the holding of a beach briefing to help participants assess for themselves if its a good fit for the "go/no-go" decision.

In addition to the individual postings of each trip to the Trips forum, where regular SNG planning can take place, we were hoping to post one calendar event posting with all floatplans associated with the solistice paddle & party listed together.... If you & Liz are still interested, can you email me your proposed trip so we can add it in? heidihhhallatverizondotnet

Also I have a number of folks that said they weren't positive that they could be there to commit to initiating the trip, but said that if they were available, they'd be interested in assisting, so I can pass along their info as well.

I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks again for your offer!

Heidi

We're in for the Solstice paddle on Saturday June 21 We'll be launching from Riverhead Beach and paddling over to Salem Willows where we'll take a break, have a snack and soak up some sun. Then we'll paddle back to meet up with the other groups for the pot luck.

This is a level 2+ trip. The wind tends to kick up in the afternoon and there tends to be choppy water. There is also a long channel crossing that can be challenging with the wind and chop.

Hope to see you all!

Patty

That's great Patty! Only one problem... the event is on sunday, not saturday...because of the blackburn challenge running on Saturday.

That's great Patty! Only one problem... the event is on sunday, not saturday...because of the blackburn challenge running on Saturday.

Actually, it's the Peaks Island Race up in Maine that's on June 21. The Blackburn is July 12.

No matter, it's fun for all, 'cause it's all paddling.

Deb M :surfcool::roll:

Thanks for the clarification, Deb...I knew there was some race our solistice paddle conflicts with every year.... I know we also conflict with a big llbean event which is why Suz ends up missing it too. maybe in coming years our solistice party should be the weekend following the actual solistice... just a thought. Summer weekends get booked quickly, I'm sure there's always something....

good luck to anyone that's in the race! ;)

We're in for the Solstice paddle on Saturday June 21 We'll be launching from Riverhead Beach and paddling over to Salem Willows where we'll take a break, have a snack and soak up some sun. Then we'll paddle back to meet up with the other groups for the pot luck.

This is a level 2+ trip. The wind tends to kick up in the afternoon and there tends to be choppy water. There is also a long channel crossing that can be challenging with the wind and chop.

Hope to see you all!

Patty

Looking forward to it. Let me know if I can assist say by sweeping the rear. I'm one of the slower NSPN paddlers so shouldn't be a problem for me!