June 15th

rick stoehrer

pavillion beach 0830 launch and we're off the water at 1230 or so to hightail it to the MITA thing.

we'll paddle out and see what we can find to practice rescues and work with long and short tows.

helmets wouldn't be a bad idea if we're going to have people in the water. dress accordingly.

common adventure model...so we're a group, sharing experiences, RISK and i ain't responsible for you any more than you're responsible for me.

lemmeknow interest...if none, i'll go find some mayhem on my own!

Find it? Isn't that the name of your Siamese twin?

Ed Lawson

nahh...my twin's name is cautious....as in telling our wives "it's perfectly safe....he'll be cautious, i'll be wary...what could go wrong?"

CANCELLED - CANCELLED - CANCELLED

WEATHER AND UNDERWHELMING RESPONSE

Rick I can't believe there wasn't a better response - I'll help you try to get this going as i'd love to practice with you and I think they are essential skills to have. I did a couple tows in moderate conditions, and my first tow failed even though it was properly positioned, and my second tow, the knot came off my waist bag, so being prepared is key, and there's never enough practice in my opinion. I know Brian, Shaila and myself at a minimum would be interested plus we have a couple newer paddlers that I think would be interested . . . I know Kevin will come out and assist, so if we could get a group of 5-10 people I think we could have a great training day!

If you want to pick another time and date sometime in the next few weeks, we'll get it going . . . .

Rick I can't believe there wasn't a better response - I'll help you try to get this going as i'd love to practice with you and I think they are essential skills to have. I did a couple tows in moderate conditions, and my first tow failed even though it was properly positioned, and my second tow, the knot came off my waist bag, so being prepared is key, and there's never enough practice in my opinion. I know Brian, Shaila and myself at a minimum would be interested plus we have a couple newer paddlers that I think would be interested . . . I know Kevin will come out and assist, so if we could get a group of 5-10 people I think we could have a great training day!

If you want to pick another time and date sometime in the next few weeks, we'll get it going . . . .

I wasn't free on the 15th but I'd definitly be interested in paticipating another time.

I wasn't free on the 15th but I'd definitly be interested in paticipating another time.

I also wanted to participate but had a prior committment on Saturday. I'd love to do it another time.

I also wanted to participate but had a prior committment on Saturday. I'd love to do it another time.

Awesome!!! Hopefully we'll be able to find a date that a larger group of people can do

• 2 weeks later...
definitely - i think this is a great idea - any others out there???

Forecast at 1509 Satuday for Sunday....

SUN

S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE

AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE

MORNING...THEN SHOWERS AND TSTMS LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. VSBY 1

TO 3 NM.

SUN NIGHT

S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...

DIMINISHING TO AROUND 10 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. VSBY 1

TO 3 NM IN EVENING SHOWERS AND TSTMS...LOWERING TO 1 NM OR LESS IN

SHOWERS AND FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

who's in, who's out? headcount....if no interest we can postpone until a kinder, gentler forecast.

SUN

TO 3 NM.

SUN NIGHT

who's in, who's out? headcount....if no interest we can postpone until a kinder, gentler forecast.

hey there, so far it was just judy and me and kevin - i know phil a. and mark p. really wanted to attend but both can't make it tomorrow - i think rescue and tow practice will be best when we can get a group like we had today out on the water - calmer weather might be better for a learning situation . . . let me know what you think . . . on another note if the t-storms hold off we might do a little paddle from salem-marblehead - we'll put something on the board - come along if you would like to join us!

SUN

TO 3 NM.

SUN NIGHT

I'm in. Start Time still at 8:30?

I'm in. Start Time still at 8:30?

still 0830 pavillion assuming we get at least 2 or 3 more to say "yea" after i posted the forecast. so if you were planning on coming NOW is the time to say so. without 2 or 3 more "yups" then we'll just go a paddlin.

still 0830 pavillion assuming we get at least 2 or 3 more to say "yea" after i posted the forecast. so if you were planning on coming NOW is the time to say so. without 2 or 3 more "yups" then we'll just go a paddlin.

I'm planing on paddling regardless assuming there's no electrical activity in the morning.

If you've got a quorum, please count me in. If you'd prefer to wait for more folks, then I'll watch for a reschedule date.

I'll check the board again around 7-7:15 AM to see whether it's on (or not), before hitting the road from Somerville (or not).

Thanks,

Judy