Wilderness First Aid -Thank you to Kevin

glad

Thank you Kevin for all you did to organize the Wilderness First Aid course. Miraculously, I lived through the early morning start time thanks to a battering from Leslie.

I learned a lot, and think I'll even remember some of it. Also, the instructors were great and I enjoyed the experiencial format.

Karen

Thank you Kevin for all you did to organize the Wilderness First Aid course. Miraculously, I lived through the early morning start time thanks to a battering from Leslie.

I learned a lot, and think I'll even remember some of it. Also, the instructors were great and I enjoyed the experiencial format.

Karen

Second that! People should consider going out of their way to take wilderness first aid from Todd, especially this H2O version. He teaches it frequently in Burlington and other places.

And after discussing things with Todd (recognizing his bias) and comparing it to my prior class with Wilderness Medical Associates, I think SOLO is far and away the better of the two. Besides the terrific whole-picture, hands-on approach, we were taught a relatively simple protocol to clear a patient for spinal injury and an easily practiced technique for reducing the type of shoulder dislocation most common in paddling, both vital for kayaking.

--David.

I agree it was a very worthwhile and fun course. I definitely learned a lot (especially with the scenarios) and would recommend it to anyone who would be reading this message board. Todd and Ryan are excellent instructors-thanks. And thanks to Kevin for organizing everything.

Gay

Thank you Kevin for the organization of this hands-on, practical, build-on success rather than failures safety workshop. The type of learning fostered by Todd and Ryan relieves some of the anxiety one might experience when encountering a medical emergency on or near the water. Highly recommend.

Todd also mentioned that he and John C. would be willing to do an on-the-water risk reduction/risk management follow-up workshop. I believe you do not need the first workshop to participate in the follow-up workshop. He would be willing to do the workshop with six participants. I know that Mary B., myself and Karen G. voiced interest. Anyone else interested?

If we can get six people then I would be willing to organize where, when and how. Please post here if interested.

Les

Thank you Kevin for the organization of this hands-on, practical, build-on success rather than failures safety workshop. The type of learning fostered by Todd and Ryan relieves some of the anxiety one might experience when encountering a medical emergency on or near the water. Highly recommend.

Todd also mentioned that he and John C. would be willing to do an on-the-water risk reduction/risk management follow-up workshop. I believe you do not need the first workshop to participate in the follow-up workshop. He would be willing to do the workshop with six participants. I know that Mary B., myself and Karen G. voiced interest. Anyone else interested?

If we can get six people then I would be willing to organize where, when and how. Please post here if interested.

Les

WFA H2O was a great course and I'd recommend it, without reservation, to anyone who spends time outdoors. Thanks to Kevin for organizing..and to Todd and Ryan for keeping it lively and engaging. It was a lot of information to try and absorb in Two days but my eyes never glazed over once.

Yes, I'd be interested in doing the followup workshop dependent on time, place, etc.

WFA-h20 was a great learning experience. I haven't done FA since boy scouts, so I was long overdue for a refresher and Todd and Ryan knew their stuff and were able to convey much of the "why we do this" in a reasonable and understandable manner.

I'm definitely looking to do some incident management work this summer, so Les, if you organize it, I'll come (scheduling dependent of course).

Phil

OK--it looks like we have six people--maybe more if anyone wants to jump in--

Todd explained this workshop to me--scenarios on the water--not off shore but coastal--start off away from shore and then work you way toward shore--success driven in that instruction is built on your success with gradual challenges as opposed to throw you into high risk situations then you figure out what you did wrong--

If anyone remembers Scott's and Rick's risk management excellent workshop several years ago with risk management this workshop would be similiar to that experience. So for those of us who took that workshop, this would be a refresher--

Todd also stated that if we got enough #'s, he and John would do their workshop on the North Shore--

Does anyone have Todd's email address at St. Mike's College? If so, please post here--thx,

Les

WFA-h20 was a great learning experience. I haven't done FA since boy scouts, so I was long overdue for a refresher and Todd and Ryan knew their stuff and were able to convey much of the "why we do this" in a reasonable and understandable manner.

I'm definitely looking to do some incident management work this summer, so Les, if you organize it, I'll come (scheduling dependent of course).

Phil

OK--it looks like we have six people--maybe more if anyone wants to jump in--

Todd explained this workshop to me--scenarios on the water--not off shore but coastal--start off away from shore and then work you way toward shore--success driven in that instruction is built on your success with gradual challenges as opposed to throw you into high risk situations then you figure out what you did wrong--

If anyone remembers Scott's and Rick's risk management excellent workshop several years ago with risk management this workshop would be similiar to that experience. So for those of us who took that workshop, this would be a refresher--

Todd also stated that if we got enough #'s, he and John would do their workshop on the North Shore--

Does anyone have Todd's email address at St. Mike's College? If so, please post here--thx,

Les

Les,

I sent you an email with Todd's address. FYI, G and I would be interested as well.

It was indeed a good learning experience. the days were long...but the time flew by!!! I was amazed at all the info that was covered and still LOTS of hands on which was the best.

thanks for spearheading the follow-up Les. Keep me on the list!

I volunteer to be a victim!!!!!!! :Titanic:

maryb

Thanks for setting up that wfa training. I knew that it would be good information to know but after doing the course, I am even more appreciative of the knowledge.

I would be intrested in a follow-up risk management as well... Just need to make sure it matches up with my schedule.