Kayak camping gear

jonathan

For those that were at the workshop saturday and anyone interested.

check out the REI outlet today (monday) the deal of the day is a cookset.

I have no connection to REI but I do hate to pay full price for anything!

Jonathan

Johnathan, Mike and Kim......fantastic workshop! Jonathan...do you have a link for the place you bought your material to make your tarp?

Johnathan, Mike and Kim......fantastic workshop! Jonathan...do you have a link for the place you bought your material to make your tarp?

Cathy,

Seattle outdoor fabrics http://www.seattlefabrics.com/?gclid=CMbX8...CFQ2HHgodLTh5xA

has a great assortment of fabrics (including goretex and neoprene), rope, webbing, bungie cord, nylon clips, buckles, D-rings....etc..plus they have some good information as well.

Here is a very cool Kayak friendly item.

It is called a Kelley Kettle / volcano kettle.

http://www.kellykettle.com/?gclid=CNPHkdnTgJICFQV9lgodtmPD8w

This and a good flint could be a life saver or at the very least make a camp cozier.

I will post in classifieds. I have previously been in contact with the owner of the manufacturer and could get the club and friends a better deal than normal if there is enough interest.

Frank

Is this similar to a JetBoil?

Deb M

Jet boil uses a butane canister. It is against Coast Guard rules to have more than one canister on any small craft. Jet boil runs over $110 with out the butane fuel, this would be less expensive.

This Item uses wood scraps or news paper. It could probably burn dried out seaweed.

I have a you tube link here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDDVPkx8AY

The music is really bad ;)

The Company just e mailed me this morning that they are offering the Club a coupon code that will give any one in the club 15% off. That is buying from the web site.

The offer would be for teh month of May. I am sure iof we bought quite a few they would extend the offer.

Frank

Jet boil uses a butane canister. It is against Coast Guard rules to have more than one canister on any small craft. Jet boil runs over $110 with out the butane fuel, this would be less expensive.

This Item uses wood scraps or news paper. It could probably burn dried out seaweed.

I have a you tube link here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDDVPkx8AY

The music is really bad ;)

The Company just e mailed me this morning that they are offering the Club a coupon code that will give any one in the club 15% off. That is buying from the web site.

The offer would be for teh month of May. I am sure iof we bought quite a few they would extend the offer.

Frank

The Kelly Kettle is a great little stove that I have seen in action years ago. I would consider the small one as it is small enough to use in the kayak. They are darned expensive with the exchange rate though.

Suz

Sadly the North Shore doesn't have too many places to camp. I tend to camp on the harbor islands, Waquot bay, and many points north in Maine. Some lakes like Squam are also nice to camp on but given a choice between Squam and Maine I'll head to Maine.

We typically go for a night or two, but every fall we try to go for at least a solid week of camping.

I posted the Coupon code for the Kelley Kettle in the classifieds section.

It is a tad expensive but all i hear from people is that they have had had it for years and years and no complaints. They last decades and long as you do not crush it and flatten it.

How many products can say that? no moving parts, no jets or orfices to keep clean.

He has flat rate shipping so one order for you and your interested buddies would max out at 10 brit pounds. Not sure what exchange rate is today but id say about $20 dollars.

I am not making money on this. The Owner seems like a nice guy and he makes a good product.

I would rather buy the original.

Frank

Stoves....i carry a small kelly kettle....

and i also carry a Neufeld MK1 Woodburning Stove......

a paddler/kayak builder out in vancouver area makes them....

they fold flat....stainless steel....like the KK burns any dry material....LOVE it....

tell him i sent ya...

r

Rob- not sure you got the URL right. No .html and spaces in the name?

Phil