Help needed....

Deb Millar

I'm posting this here as I know that more people will read this as opposed to the Classifieds, which is probably where it belongs.

We just got an email from a colleague of Bob's asking if any one was interested in free lab mix puppies. It seems he found them abandoned on the side of the road in Andover. He and his wife have been keeping them in their basement, but they can't continue to do so. The next step is Animal Control which clearly is not a No-Kill shelter.

I've already suggested that he contact Cape Ann Animal Aid and/or Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem.

If anyone is interested, or knows anyone who would love/can take/needs a dog, contact me at gaeldotcridheatverizondotnet.

I also have a picture of the puppies, which won't fit here. Break your heart.

Deb M

Deb, I know of a no-kill shelter that may be able to take them. They would be adopted out after careful screening of applicants and after they are spayed/neutered, shots, etc. Do you know how many and how old they are? I'll e-mail you also to get more details.

Gay

Deb, I know of a no-kill shelter that may be able to take them. They would be adopted out after careful screening of applicants and after they are spayed/neutered, shots, etc. Do you know how many and how old they are? I'll e-mail you also to get more details.

Gay

Sounds like the puppies have already been placed. I e-mailed our rescue and they had already heard about it from 6 other people.

Gay

Funny, I got that email forward through a different line of people. I foster dogs for NEARR (North East All Retriever Rescue) and I emailed the address of the people with the puppies to let them know that they can contact NEARR. If they are still having trouble, let me know.

Shaila

Hi Shaila,

Ah, the power of the Internet.

I've finally found out who the original (this email has gone to a bunch of people and I admit I've contributed to its distribution....) finder-of-the-pups is and have emailed her. I've not gotten a response yet, but once I do -- and find out what the status is -- I'll post back here to let people know what's up.

Thanks to all who have responded.

Deb M (who's going back to paddling...) ;)