kayaking the parker River

JBLT4

Good Morning,

I am planning to kayak the Parker River this saturday and since I have never done this river I was wondering if anyone could tell me about it. I plan to put in at Middle Road just north of the Gov. Dummer Academy and proceed downstream towards Plum Island Sound. The tides look favorable for this morning trip. Any information anyone can offer would be greatly appriciated.

Bring a good chart as it can be confusing in there. Avoid low tide and people with shotguns (not sure when bird season starts).

It's a beautiful time of year for that trip.

I did that a few weeks ago in my canoe. First up from the sound to Middle Road and back. Then from Middle Road up to Byfield center and back. Both times around high tide

No worries about getting lost. The river is obvious. Lots of salt marsh with an occasional granite outcropping. Not much traffic until you get down to Rt 1A in Newbury.

Past 1A going out to the sound you might want to stay left as the channel hugs the right bank for a bit.

I am planning to kayak the Parker River this saturday... I plan to put in at Middle Road just north of the Gov. Dummer Academy and proceed downstream towards Plum Island Sound.

The tides look favorable for this morning trip.

Do They? I get that the river will be at dead low on Saturday morning. Middle Road is a butt-ugly landing at low tide. It would be easier to ride the current up from Little Neck.

Ah, now that you have done it I thought I would ask if you have any pointers about the Parker River area where it comes out into the sound. Are there a couple of "islands" there that get submerged as the tide fills in ?