Sat 10/7 and Sun 10/8 SNGs Merrimac / Circumnav of Cape Ann--UPDATE (10/7)

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Sat. Merrimac--18-20 miles and see seals possibly L2+/L3

Sun. Cape Ann--23 miles and see Cape Ann L3/L4

No interest, assume no go. Usual SNG rules apply...

Sat. Put in at the Black Cow in NBPT at 10am. The current will be at peak flow, with high tide slated for noontime. We'll meander up the river checking out the esturaies and marshes, stopping at the islands and Indian River if so desired on the way to Rock's Village. Turn around and head back at Rocks checking out what we missed along the way. Very scenic area with good chances to work in current. 18-20 but will be assisted by current the entire way. Unfortunately, the tides won't be right for seals...UPDATE: 10/6--THIS IS A GO!

Sun. Put in at the Greasy Pole 10am, head down the Annisquam and then around Cape Ann.

UPDATE 10/6--NEED CONFIRMATIONS TODAY, OTHERWISE WILL MAKE OTHER PLANS

UPDATE 10/7--JUST GOT BACK FROM TODAY'S TRIP....NOT MUCH INTEREST FOR CAPE ANN SO WILL DO THE SURF/ROCK TRIP INSTEAD. THIS TRIP IS CANCELLED.

***C'mon, you paddlers, October doesn't mean the paddling season is over...let's get out there!!! :)

The Merrimack sounds great, but I don't have enough time for a round trip. Any chance I can get a lift from someone from Rock's Village in the morning?

Brian

P&H Capella 163

Red/White/Black trim

Joan,

The Black Cow restaurant is right in downtown Newburyport at the the start of the boardwalk. I'll post formal directions today or tomorrow.

Take rt. 95 to rt113 and follow it for a couple of miles until you come to a flashing light right next to the Bartlet Mall (a park). Take a left at the lights (it's one way) and then follow to the light at the the bottom of the hill. The parking lot we want is diagonally to your right at the lights, so a quick right at the lights and then a quick left.

No takers/drivers... Kevin, how long do you think the Merrimack trip would take? If I can't get a one-way, then I will have to do the whole trip! But the timing is important...

P&H Capella 163

Red/White/Black trim

Hey Brian,

We'll work something out. As for timing, it all depends on how much we poke around. The current will move us along swiftly. We'll try to find someone (perhaps coming in from the north?) or Gilly might drive up separately and pick you up...