SNG,Conomo Point, for Saturday 8-26-06 Level 2

Walter

Any one interested in a SNG for Saturday 8-26-06

Put-In Clammers Beach, Conomo Point, Essex,MA.,Joes's Creek AKA Walkers Creek

Meet at 10 AM. Put In at 10:30 AM

Bring Lunch.

We have the opportunity to paddle around Hog Island, Cross Island and make a stop or two along the way. Possible Hog Island and definately Cranes Beach(back side AKA inside).Estimated Distance about 10 NM.The group will decide.

Parking on the street and in my drive way as available.

Please do not use the ramp to unload your kayak. This is a bussy weekend for those that must take there boats out of the water.

High tide is at 1:44 PM Approx.

This is a SHOW And GO. You are responsible for your self. It is leaderless.( Aint that the truth.)

Walter

Impex Assateague

Emerald Green/White with Yellow Stripe

Walter if the new 8 pound ball of fur called a puppy wasn't ruling our lives I might have made it . . . but I think I might fall asleep in my kayak if I go. . . if someone is willing to tow me that'd be great, I'll definitely show :) However hopefully Kevin will be able to come and I'll stay home with the terror.

If anyone out there loves insane puppies and wants to offer advice we're all ears!!! :) Ahhh, I remember when I used to kayak . . . .

> I'll stay

>home with the terror.

Are you perchance doing a practice run of parenthood?

Regardless of the dog type, just remember either you are the alpha of the human/dog pack, the dog is the alpha, or the dog is hoplessly confused because there is no alpha for the pack. You must be sure it is the first as the other two will lead to big problems.

Ed Lawson

Ed, okay all good points!!! Kevin is having to train me as much as the puppy :) That puppy is totally working me right now! But I'm working on being more stern with her . . . if that doesn't work we'll have you guys over for puppy kabobs next week :)

Practice for children! Good god no! I have more respect than I could have ever imagined for people with children . . . I'm having a mental breakdown over a tiny puppy . . . I have no idea how people with kids do it . . .

Thank you for the advice . . . I'll try not to cry the next time she whimpers . . . :)

> That puppy is totally working me right

>now!

Some dogs are very adept at manipulation and intimitation. One thing is you do not need to get physical with a dog or puppy. At least nothing dramatic. Dogs can be disciplined with body language alone and likewise informed as who is the alpha. Having lived with large, big ego Malamutes for many years, Gail and I had to learn this stuff or else.

Ed Lawson

This is our 3rd Brittany . . . but my first puppy so I'm learning quickly . . . so far what I've read indicates to enjoy them for the first couple weeks, accept that they're going to do everything wrong and use gentle correction and just take them out a lot .. . so far she seems happy but she's displaying dominance which we're surpirsed to see at 8 weeks . . . Kevin is better than me at putting her in her place . . .

Wait you're going all the way to Ireland to pick up a new pup???? I thought Pittsburgh for ours was a hike!!!!! Maybe we can have a puppy playdate when you get back :)

PS - sorry everyone for using the board to talk about puppies instead of kayaking .. . technically you can attach your puppy to your kayak using duct tape so it's sort of relevant . . .

You know Kev, some of the best paddlin' experiences I've had this summer is with my 2 year old.

(Tongue in cheek - before Carl & Jeff beat me to it)

They're predominately the *only* paddling experiences I've had this summer...