Nigel skills this Sunday?

eneumeier

I want to work on my surfing and directional control (especially bow rudder and stern draw) skills while Nigel's lessons are still fresh.

Would anyone else be up for getting together on Sunday (10/23) for a few hours? If there is gentle surf somewhere handy we could do that. If not, we could work on directional control and just go for a paddle. I have the DVD and would welcome anyone to come here to watch it first.

Liz N.

I would like to play in the waves on sunday, at Nahant/Swampscott if there are any...

Can't afford to travel any further with my boat on my truck.

Or with my truck without a boat on it for that matter.

I'm using an 85 MPG scooter to get around these days.

Would be pretty tough to carry my boat with it though..

I am a major MAYBE not for sunday surfing. In fact, just put me in a room with soft cushions. After being bashed around and towed by holding onto a boat (that's what really killed me)- I'm still a hurting cowgirl.

I spent the week with ice, hot tub, ibuprofen, antacids for the ibuprofen, stretching and trigger point work.

How bout a walk? (just kidding...sort of).

KG

NOTE THE FORECAST:

Gale Warning in effect from Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon

Today

Sun

NE winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming NW early in the afternoon. Gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 7 to 10 ft... subsiding to 5 to 8 ft in the afternoon. A chance of rain in the morning...then a chance of showers in the afternoon.

Sun Night

NW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers in the evening with vsby 1 to 3 nm.

I WILL STILL SHOW UP, BUT MAY NOT TRY TO SURF THAT STUFF. I LIKELY WILL WANT TO WATCH SING WORK HIS MAGIC FOR A WHILE, THEN HEAD OVER TO THE LAKE FOR SOME DIRECTIONAL CONTROL IN THE WIND PRACTICE.

Ouch Karen. I am happy I was able to get off the vitamin I in 2 days.

Let's meet at Nahant, near the Tides restaurant, at Noon on Sunday, 10/23, and decide where we want to put in: there, Swampscott, or the pond if the sea is totally out of control.

Liz N.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who came away for Saturdays class feeling a little beat up. I was feeling pretty stiff when we started out, ended up straining my back a bit. Karen, sorry to have enduced the boat towing swim.

Even with the stiff neck I'd love to join you this weekend but alas, I have some household projects that need to get done before January. Have fun and don't forget to stretch.

David